one

Sage Whitaker was pure. At least that's what her pure blooded parents thought. The wealthy family came from a long line of prejudice and hatred. Sage was the product of resentment, yet she was pure. It wasn't unusual to see a witch with her background to be in Slytherin. Her life was filled with her being handed the things she wanted, no matter how much she object. Sage was a Whitaker and Whitakers' were the top of the social pyramid. Sage was expected to live up to her name, she was taught that if you were anything but pure-blood, you were inferior. But, Sage knew better. Sage knew that witches and wizards of all sorts should be treated equal. There was no superior magic folk, they were all the same inside and out. It was difficult for Sage to live in Whitaker manor with her beliefs differing from those who raised her, but she did her best.

That was until she decided to open herself up to her family a little more. Sage wanted them to accept her for who she is, but it was naive of her to think they would. Her parents didn't realize that witches and wizards alike are equal, so why in merlin's name would they understand that Sage wasn't like most teenage girls. That instead of having boy problems, she had girl problems.

Sage Whitaker was as pure as can be, but in her parent's eyes, she was rotten to the core. This is how she ended up in front of Malfoy Manor with bruises littering her pale, porcelain skin and streaks of tears and blood painting her face as if she were a watercolor painting. Shaky breaths escaped her bloodied lips as she knocked on the door. Her fragile hand tapped gently, praying that Draco would be the one to answer.

Draco Malfoy was everything to Sage. He was her safe haven. Draco and Sage had grown up closely together. They were inseparable, and Sage loved it. He was her brother, her rock. Sage was grateful for him, and when he opened the door, her heart grew a little more. His tousled blond hair told Sage that he had just woken up.

"I woke you, didn't I?" Sage questioned softly, biting her lip, but immediately letting go and wincing in pain. Draco scanned over her battered figure with worried eyes. He sighed and opened the door wider.

"Come in, before my dad wakes up."

When Sage was a growing, she never thought that her father would hurt her. He wasn't as cold as he was now, he was kind and he looked after her with his all. Never in her time on this earth did Sage think that he would intentionally be cruel to her, let alone lay a hand on her. Draco held Sage as she sobbed into his shoulder. He made soothing sounds as he tried to calm the hysterical girl.

Pulling away from her, he held her head in his hand. Brushing away her falling tears with the pad of his thumbs, he asked, "What happened, Sage? You're scaring me."

She took deep breaths to calm her nerves and stood up from the bed. She walked to his window that overlooked the garden behind their property. "I did something that i thought they would be okay with." She said gently.

Draco raised a brow. "Is this something bad?" Immediately Sage shook her head no. "To some people it's bad, but it doesn't change who i am."

"Stop being cryptic, what is it?" Draco demanded. Sage turned around, her pale pink lip trembling once again.

"Draco, i-i'm finally at peace with who i am so please, please be understanding. I-I'm not like other teenage girls. I don't spend my time daydreaming of boys, i'm not like that." Draco furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Sage sighed and turned once more to the window.

"I, uh, i like girls like boys do." She said so quiet Draco nearly missed that. Draco stepped forward cautiously. He gently grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. He placed his hand on her cheek, and brushed his thumb across it.

"You are Sage, you will always be Sage. No matter what you do, or who you love, you will always be you."

Sage broke down once more. She clung to Draco tightly, her shoulders shaking with sadness. She may have lost her parents today, but at least she had Draco.

Her true family.

A/N:

yall ready or what?