two

When Sage had left Draco's that night, she had waited for the Knight Bus to take her away to the Leaky Cauldron. Draco had insisted time and time again that she should stay with him, but she couldn't risk his parents contacting her parents. Do they even care that I'm gone? Sage thought to herself while she waited for the said bus. But, Sage new better. She knew that her coming out had severed any relationship with her parents. Though she still considered them her parents, she was no longer their daughter. Sage knew that even with her opening up to them, nothing would have changed. She would never have the normal relationship with her parents. Not when they were avid Voldemort followers. It was well known amongst the wizarding world, but Sage paid no mind to those sideways glances and hushed whispers. But sooner or later the matter of Sage's loyalties would arise. Sage would have been forced to choose between what's right, or her family.

Sage is no longer held down by her parents beliefs. She was finally free to be herself. She felt the bus hit the brakes and Sage braced herself for it. She gathered her bag and walked into the Leaky Cauldron, where she was immediately greeted by the smell of herbal tea. She smiled to herself as she walked to the front desk. Tom, the kind landlord of the Leaky Cauldron, greeted her cautiously. Frowning internally, Sage figured he knew who her family was.

"Can i help you?" He asked with faux kindness, his nerves showing through the cracks of his facade.

"I just need a room for a week, if you could." Sage had requested lightly. Tom blinked twice, her kindness shocking him, but he smiled nonetheless, this more genuine than the last.

"Of course." Sage smiled a little brighter and dug through her bag to find the scarce amount of gallons she had left. After paying Tom, he lead her to her room. She walked and sighed softly. This was it, this was the start of her independence.

The week had flown by in a flash. Sage was ready to go back to Hogwarts. She had scarcely contacted Draco over the break and Sage was beginning to miss him dearly. The morning of September first had come and Sage had woken up bright and early to prepare for her departure. She packed all of her belongings away into her trunk. Sage stood in the middle of the room with her hands resting on her hips. It was time for Sage to go back to her one and only home, Hogwarts.

"Come, Omen. It's time to go." Sage called out to her onyx cat. After gathering her pet and trunk, she made her way to Kings Cross station with a skip in her step.

Kings Cross was crowded as per usual. There were families bidding each other farewell as students of all ages prepared for another year at Hogwarts. Sage felt a pang in her chest as she watched the loving exchanges between the parents and their children. It had dawned on Sage that this was something she would never have. She wouldn't have the sincere moments between mother and daughter or that her father wouldn't be there to walk her down the aisle. She would never know what it was like to be apart of a loving family. Sage had to come to terms with the fact that she was alone in this cruel world that loved no one, hell, even Draco still had his family. Sage was no longer the fragile porcelain shell, she was now a body made of ivory and steel. She was designed by the god's above and forged by the deepest fires of Hades. Sage was no longer protected by her family's name, she was a warrior who was out for blood.

Draco had spotted Sage as soon as he entered the station. She wore a blank face but her eyes held so much pain. Draco knew that she wasn't okay, but she would never admit it to him. Sage would act as strong as she could, even if she wasn't.

"Sage!" He had called to her, dragging along his trunk. Sage had faltered in her step and for the first time since she had left her parents home, she smiled. Draco watched as Sage turned around and tried to find him with wide hopeful eyes. Finally, she spotted Draco and rushed over to him, pushing the trolley full of her things in front of her. Sage reached him and hurriedly wrapped her arms around his waist. The force of her hug has caused Draco to tumble back a bit. He laughed softly and wrapped his arms around Sage's shoulders tightly. He had missed her greatly. Sage pulled back from the hug and smiled at Draco.

"Shall we?" Together the close friends made their way to the train, mentally preparing for the new year.

The train ride had been uneventful, that was until Sage had left to go change into her robes. As she made her way to the bathrooms, she had run into a fiery red head with a temper to match. Ginny Weasley had tumbled a few steps forward and quickly turned around to face Sage. Ginny's face had contorted into disgust when she had fully registered it was Sage Whitaker. Noticing this, Sage immediately stood up straighter and held her head a bit higher. Sage lifted an eyebrow, challenging Ginny to say something to her. But, Ginny wasn't bothered by Sage's intimidating demeanor. She stepped forward threateningly, even though Sage was towering over her with her heels.

"Watch where you're going." Ginny had spat out, the distaste clearly seeping through her accent. Sage smirked and stepped closer to Ginny, folding her arms.

"And if i don't? What will you do, weasel?" Ginny scoffed loudly. Ginny had become irritated by the Whitaker girl and began to move closer to her. Before Ginny was actually able to do anything, another girl had grabbed the ginger's arm. Hermione Granger stood behind Ginny clad in her Gryffindor robes.

"That's enough, Ginny. She isn't worth it. Let's go." Sage still stood as tall and proud as before. Her haunting smirk still rested on her blood red lips. Ginny nodded silently and glared once more at Sage while saying, "Just stay out of my way."

When the two Gryffindors left, Sage had walked towards the restroom in order to change. But, before stepping into the room, she glanced back towards the direction the girls had went. She furrowed her brows as she thought about the Granger girl. There was just something about her that intrigued Sage. It was like Sage was a moth and Hermione was a flame that was she was drawn to. Smirking to herself once more, she made a pact to herself to get to know the Granger girl. Even if it was the last thing she did.

A/N: im trying to make this story at least 20-30 chapters long!!! sorry if this chapter was lame, the next one will be lit i promise!!!! And also, as you can tell, draco will be playing a huge part in Sages life bc they are super close. Draco is my bby and if anyone has a problem with him i will fight you all ok :)))))))

until next time

-outlaws