eight

The next day came by quickly and Sage grew more and more nervous as the hour approached. She wondered if Hermione was just as nervous as her. She wondered if Hermione was pacing the common room or struggling to decide what to wear like Sage. This was the first time Sage had actually felt something for another person, something that made her heart beat a hundred miles a minute. Something that made a symphony of angels sing in her head throughout the day. Sage wondered if Hermione felt the way she felt.

Well, Hermione was nervous, but not for the same reason Sage was.

Hogsmeade had a sheet of pure white over it. Flakes of snow fluttered throughout the sky, blurring the buildings that lined the streets of the quaint village. Sage trudged towards the hidden pub off the well-known path. She mentally cursed Hermione for having chosen a place that was so far from the shoppes in the main village.

When she finally reached the sketchy pub, her mouth nearly dropped in shock. Shaking off the brewing nervousness, she trudged her way inside. As Sage walked inside, she was greeted with a large group of her fellow classmates who were looking back at her. Some had a look of shock or pure disgust on their face. Sage furrowed her brow and looked for Hermione in the group. Finally, she found her standing at the front with Harry and Ron by her side.

"What is she doing here?" Ron had spit out, his tone sharp. Sage stood a bit taller and she opened her mouth to reply when Hermione cut her off.

"I invited her."

Ron's head snapped to face her, a disbelieving gleam in his eyes. Harry had also turned to look at Hermione in confusion.

"Why would you do that?!" Ron asked.

"Because, i trust her."

A flicker a warmth tickled her heart when those words left Hermione's lips. The corners of Sage's lips pulled upwards into a greatful smile.

"You do?" Harry asked firmly, his eyes trained on Hermione. She met his eye and nodded. Ron was at a loss for words, his mouth agape with shock. His eyes flicked back and forth between Hermione and Sage.

"Alright, then so do i." Harry had responded to Hermione.

"W-What?!" Ron had asked, surprised that Harry was trusting the Whitaker girl.

    "Have a seat, Sage." Harry said, ignoring Ron's words of protest. Sage had nodded, her eyes still watching the flustered Hermione. She moved towards the group of students and stood next to Luna Lovegood, who was a year younger than Sage. Sage smiled a small smile at Luna, who had a wispy look in her eyes. Hermione started to speak to the group, who were listening intently. She stuttered over her words, but when her eyes met Sage's, a tsunami of calmness rushed over her being.

Sage listened as Harry and Hermione spoke about a secret club, away from the prying eyes of Umbridge. She watched Harry's nervous figure try to convince the group of students to join them. Sage had briefly wondered why she was here amongst the group. No one expected her to join, nor did they expect her to keep this meeting a secret. But, a part of her knew she would. Sage knew that there wasn't a thing she would do to betray the newly earned trust she had.

    Towards the end of the meeting, the students stood in line in order to sign up. Sage stood shyly at the back of the line, waiting for her turn. When it did come, Sage had grabbed the quill that laid next to the nearly full piece of parchment with the words "Dumbledore's Army" scrawled on top. Sage slowly signed her name, the ink glistening in the cool light of the room. When she put down the quill, she looked up to meet Hermione's eyes. A soft smile was sent her way and a new found fire ignited within Sage.  She wasn't sure if Hermione had the same feelings as her, but it was now undeniable.

    Sage Whitaker was hopelessly falling for Hermione Granger and she only hope Hermione felt the same.

A/N:

ok so Hermione stiLL DIDN"T KNOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A DATE LMAO
otp material finna happen ok also harry and sage will be brotp but not as much as sage and draco ok bye

ok so Hermione stiLL DIDN"T KNOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A DATE LMAOotp material finna happen ok also harry and sage will be brotp but not as much as sage and draco ok bye