eighteen

The break was coming to an end and Sage was terrified of going back to Hogwarts. Their break was filled with the darkness that the Death Eaters had brought with them. Sage no longer recognized herself. Sage was disgusted with the person she was becoming. She no longer cared about the things she used to love. Sage was hollow and anyone could tell, either by the stone cold look she wore or the loss of the fire that used to burn in her hazel eyes. Every time she was forced to do something so horrid, a little part of her dies. Now, Sage isn't Sage anymore, just an empty shell of the person she used to be.

The door to her room slowly opened, causing Sage to turn her head to the door and quickly wipe away the tears that fell from her eyes. Draco walked in, his eyes dull and his hair neatly gelled back. He scanned Sage's disheveled appearance and sighed softly. Draco walked closer to Sage and gently placed his hand on her cheek. The pad of his thumb brushed away the stray tears that streamed down her cheek.

"We're leaving, Sage. Let's go, she's waiting." Draco said softly, removing his hand from her cheek. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up from her seat. Together with their heads held high they walked to Draco's mom.

+

When they reached Diagon Alley, Sage took in her surroundings. Diagon Alley was once bustling with life. People would file in and out of the shops that lined the street, students wandered around with wide eyes and eagerness flowing through their veins. It was a sight to see, but now it was as cold and dismal as Sage. The sound of her heels clicking against the pavement was the only thing heard throughout the alley. The black dress that clung to her figure flowed behind her with every step she took. Sage followed Draco and his mother as they walked to Borgin and Burkes, trying to stay in the shadows away from any prying eyes. It wasn't like anyone would dare come up to the Malfoys and The youngest Whitaker. Everyone knew of their notorious reputation and would do anything to never cross path with them.

As the trio reached Borgin and Burkes, Narcissa glanced over her shoulder to the two teenagers who stood behind her. She pushed the door open, the jingling bells alerting anyone in the store of a new presence. Before Sage fully walked into the store, she looked over her shoulder. Sage swore to herself that she caught a glimpse of familiar curly hair turning down a dark alleyway. Sage shook her head as if to rid herself of the uprising thoughts of the Granger girl and walked inside, closing the door and locking it behind her.

Sage walked up the stairs that led into a loft. It was cluttered with forgotten treasures that were covered in dust and cobwebs. Sage didn't listen as Draco threatened Borgin into helping them with the task that was given to them by the Dark Lord. She didn't listen to the growls and snarls of Fenrir Greyback or the cackles of Bellatrix Lestrange. Sage could only hear the beating of her own heart in her ears. Sage could feel her chest tightening and her hands shaking. She didn't like seeing this side of Draco. She knew that he was doing what she couldn't, but she didn't recognize this Draco. He was cruel and basked in the fear that radiated off of Borgin, but who was she to talk. Sage knew that she would do anything to protect Draco, and that meant stooping to new lows that was only seen in the nightmares that plagued her dreams.

Sage's attention was pulled to Greyback as he walked close to the window that was behind her. She saw him turn his head and peer out of the dirty window. Sage turned her head also and looked to where Greyback was looking at. She listened to Greyback huff and turn away, but Sage continued to stare out into the open. Her breath caught in her throat as she caught a glance of the flaming red hair that belonged to Ron Weasley. Sage gulped down the bile that began to raise to the back of her throat. With hurried motions, Sage pulled the ragged curtains shut and spun around to face the others in the room. Luckily for her, Everyone was still facing Borgin and speaking of the Vanishing Cabinet that was in need of repair. Sage let out a soft sigh of relief and closed her eyes.

Sage knew that the others were there, she knew that they had saw her. Her heart shattered at the thought of them finally realizing that she wasn't the girl who they had grown to know over the span of their fifth year. She realized that Harry or Hermione would put the pieces together and figure out her dirty secret.

A/N:

short chapter oops

i love that aesthetic so much oh my lord

Sage is depressed and so am i :(

until next time

-outlaws