thirty six

The next day was one that Sage was definitely not looking forward to.

"I don't understand why we can't just stay up here." Sage had tried to reason with Hermione. She had walked up behind the girl who stood in front of the long mirror that stood in the corner of their shared room. She had gently pushed Hermione's hair off of her left shoulder where she then laid a chaste kiss on the exposed skin. Sage rested her chin on Hermione's shoulder, wrapping her arms around her waist. "Far away from nosey people."

Hermione attempted to remain cool as she turned to face Sage. Sage smiled charmingly at Hermione who felt her insides go weak at the sight. Sage noticed the chip in the girl's armor and took the moment to place another kiss on Hermione's jaw, pushing the girl closer to giving in. But, Hermione knew better than to fall for Sage's charm. She was stronger than that (sometimes). Hermione rolled her eyes and shrugged Sage's hold off of her. "We're going, Sage."

Sage groaned loudly, walking back to her bed and throwing herself onto it dramatically.

"Damn you, Hermione Jean Granger!" Sage had called out, her words slightly muffled by the pillow her face laid in. Hermione laughed loudly and shook her head with a grin.

"I know, I know. I'm the worst." Hermione spoke in amusement. She had just put on her earrings, nearly completing her outfit for the upcoming wedding. She still felt the slight tinge of anger from her meeting with the minister, but she pushed it away. An amused smile pulled at her lips as she giggled at Sage. The Granger girl turned to Sage's bed and took a seat by the edge, causing Sage to look up from the pillow she hid in.

"I know you don't really know anyone, but this would be a great opportunity to try and get to know them. Everyone here is wonderful and kind. It wouldn't hurt to try."

"I doubt anybody would like to be friends with Sage Whitaker: The Death Eater." Sage muttered sarcastically, the doubt that had disappeared returning and hitting her like a ton of bricks. Hermione frowned, and brushed a few stray hairs out of Sage's face. Sage shut her eyes at the feeling of Hermione's touch. It was warm and intoxicated Sage.

"Just try, darling. For me." Sage nodded silently, her eyes filled with an undying admiration for the woman in front of her. Hermione smiled and placed sweet kiss on Sage's lips, filling the girl with pure bliss. As Hermione stood from the bed, Sage captured the girl's wrist. She turned back to Sage with a raised brow.

"Stay with me." Hermione went to protest, but Sage cut her off. "Please. Just for a little bit."

Hermione sighed and sat on the bed, waiting for Sage to move and get situated. She laid back, turning to face Sage who was already facing her.

"If i wrinkle my dress i will kill you, Whitaker." Hermione said lightly, smiling as Sage rolled her eyes.

Sage didn't answer though, instead she lifted her hand and brushed her fingers across Hermione's face. She outlined the features of her face, memorizing every dip and curve. Hermione had shut her eyes contently, leaning into Sage's touch. Moments passed and Sage slowly fell into a sleep. The only sound that could be heard in the room was the soft breaths that left the two intertwined girls.

It was only when they heard a light knock on their door did either of the girls wake from their much needed rest. Sage groggily lifted herself from her bed, carefully avoiding waking Hermione as she did so. She tiptoed to the door, opening it without a sound. Harry stood outside the door with an awkward expression. Sage lifted a brow at his sudden appearance.