twenty one

Draco shoved his way through the stream of students. He gripped his school bag tightly as he rushed to his Potions class. The Malfoy boy had spent extra time waiting for Sage in the common room only to realize she must have left without him. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he arrived to the class. Only a few students were already seated and among the few was Sage. She sat at a secluded table in light conversation with a Ravenclaw boy who sat with her. Draco made hs way to the table, nodding politely at Professor Slughorn who didn't acknowledge it. When reaching the table, Draco pulled the stool that was next to Sage out and sat down, giving the occupants of the table a smile.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Sage tsked playfully, a smile pulling at the corners of her mouth. Draco rolled his slate colored eyes and shrugged. "Not my fault you wake up early like a bloody maniac." Sage laughed loudly, the sound immediately bringing a smile to both the boys face. While Sage was laughing, she was not aware of the bushy haired girl with dejected eyes walk into the class.

"You know what they say, early bird gets the worm. And, in this case the worm is Alaric." Sage said gesturing to the blond-haired boy who sat next to her. Alaric grinned, releasing a light-hearted laugh.

"I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted." With those words left hanging in the air, the trio laughed together. Even when life was piling on their shoulders, they laughed as if there was no one else in the world but them.

Soon, the class began to fill with more students and the professor had began his lecture with the students gathered around him listening intently. Sage scribbled down notes, her eyes flickering between the professor and her notebook. The Slytherin girl was completely oblivious to the cinnamon eyes blatantly staring at her.

Hermione's eyes watched Sage's slim, pale figure. Her heart ached with longing. Hermione wanted nothing more than to run up and kiss Sage with her all, but Harry's suspicion kept echoing in her mind. A part of her wanted to believe that Sage was innocent, but after the incident on the train things didn't seem so clear any more. Maybe Harry was right, maybe Sage wasn't the same girl she had grown to love. With that thought replaying in her mind, Hermione turned her head back to the professor. She pushed the thought of Sage's pink lips and freckled kissed skin out of her head.

A/N:

short chapter lmao

im sad bc i just want my smol bean to happy and she cant bc im horrible

ugh ugh ugh

Salaric will be brotp watch out

until next time

-outlaws