fourteen

The DA gathered once more in the Room of Requirement to resume their learning of defensive magic. Sage stood  next to Hermione her wand being swished and flicked trying to produce a patronus. A faint pale blue wisp came of Sage's wand, furthering her determination of creating a patronus. Harry gleefully said words of encouragement as he walked around the room watching the D.A. produce different patronuses. It filled the room with joy from each student. Sage watched as Hermione produced a glowing blue otter that swam around the two girls. Sage laughed as the otter floated around her.

    With a new found determination, she lifted her wand and began thinking of the happiest thoughts she had. She thought about the summers she spent with Draco and the late nights they spent philosophizing about their future. She could feel the wave of energy growing stronger. She thought about the long days spent with Draco huddled in front of his fireplace. She thought about the warmth of his arm wrapped around her. Sage thought about Hermione. She thought about the feeling of Hermione's hand intertwined with hers. She thought about the the sun enhanced her futures, she thought about the way Hermione's eyes held every star in the galaxies around them. Sage thought about the way Hermione's lips felt against her and how Sage wanted nothing more than to hold her tightly and never let go.

    Sage's patronus grew brighter and stronger. Finally, a glorious fox flew from the tip of her wand. The fox shook its wispy blue fur and swiftly ran throughout the air. Sage gasped as her patronus ran through her, a chill making its way down her back. Her fox stood proudly next to Sage, its wispy tail wagging, leaving a trail of smoke with every move it made.

    A loud banging brought Sage out of her trance. Her head snapped to the wall at the front of the room, causing her patronus to disappear in a flourish. Sage furrowed and took a step forward, but the grip of Hermione's hand on her forearm bringing her back. She glanced at Hermione who had worried eyes. Another loud bang caused Sage to jump in shock. She watched as Harry and Nigel Wolpert, another member of the D.A., walk closer to the wall. They examined something that she was unable to see. The shrill voice of Umbridge rang out amongst the vast room they resided in. Sage's heart dropped to her stomach as the wall exploded, sending Nigel and Harry flying. Sage coughed as the cloud of dust around the students cleared out. Now, she could clearly see Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad standing in the opening. She saw Draco tightly gripping Cho Chang's upper arm and averted her eyes, trying to avoid Draco's smug steele eyes. But, she was too late. Her eyes meet his and she could see the disappointment grow.

    "Get them." Umbridge had seethed, pulling Draco's eyes away from Sages.

+

    Sage stormed into the Slytherin common room, her hand aching and raw from the detention session that was held with all of the members of Dumbledore's Army. Draco was seated on a couch with his head in  his hands. When the portrait slammed shut, she watched as Draco jumped from his seat and turned to face her. He had a grim look written on his face. Sage huffed and wiped away stray tears. She couldn't tell if the anger or the pain she felt caused the tears to fall. She ignored the looks of disgust she got from some of the other Slytherins that were in the common room.

    "Why didn't you tell me you joined that stupid club?" Sage had whispered harshly. Draco sighed sadly, cringing at the anger her voice held. But, that sadness soon faded and was replaced by anger.

    "Why didn't you tell me you joined Potter's stupid club?" Draco shot back with just as much fire as Sage did. "I thought you were smarter than that, Sage." Draco had finished, averting his eyes. Sage scoffed.

    "I joined because it's what right. You know as well as i do that there is a storm coming, Draco. I just wanted to be prepared."

    "ARE YOU THAT NAIVE?" Draco boomed, startling the other students in the room. Most of the students quickly left the common room, retreating to their dorms. Sage stood in a stunned silence. "Do you actually think that you will escape this life? You are a Whitaker, you were born to be a de-"

    "Don't." Sage fiercely cut Draco off. A dangerous fire danced in her eyes and anger bubbled within.

    "It's fate, Sage. We're who they want us to be. You have to face reality soon enough." Draco had said, standing taller. He swiftly turned and went to his dorm, trying to avoid Sage's heartbroken stare.

    "You're wrong, Draco." Sage had whispered softly, causing him to falter his step. "You and i, we were made to be great."

A/N:

there's about 2-4 chapters left of part one and then i will start mariana. for those of you who dont know Mariana is my "the get down" fan fic so if yall are into that pls check it out!

until next time

-outlaws