three

The instant Sage had sat down at the Slytherin table, she could instantly feel that something was off. The atmosphere of the Great Hall was as eccentric as ever, yet, Sage could feel in her very bones that something was bound to happen. And, Sage was never wrong.

    While Headmaster Dumbledore was giving his annual beginning-of-the-term speech, something, or should i say someone, had interrupted him. This was absolutely unheard of. With the exception of the late Professor Quirrell who had shouted "Trolls in the dungeons!" during their first year, nobody had ever dared to interrupt Dumbledore. He was too well respected in the wizarding community to be disrespected like that. So, you could imagine the schools horrified faces when a short, plump lady cleared her throat not-so-politely in order to get a word in.

    This woman was clad in all pink. Pink sweater, pink skirt, even pink shoes. She had cold eyes, but wore a tight lipped smile on her pink lips. Sage had a gut feeling that there was something different about this new professor and Sage didn't like that feeling. Not one bit. As the woman droned on and on about her filling the position as their new DADA teacher and how the ministry has great plans for the students, Sage had tuned out. It was obvious that the Ministry, or minister, was trying to infiltrate Hogwarts. But, Sage was curious as to why they didn't trust Dumbledore. He was one of the wisest wizards, afterall.

    The pink monstrosity had sat back down and the students surrounding Sage had politely clapped, but their discomfort was obvious to the most casual observer.

    The next morning, the Slytherins were given their schedules for the day. Much to Sage's and Draco's dismay, they had Defense Against The Dark Arts with the Gryffindors. This would be their first class with Umbridge, and Sage was not looking forward to it. As Sage and Draco entered the class, Draco had sat at the back f the class in the tables nearest to the door. But, before Sage had even thought to pull out the seat, Pansy Parkinson had already shoved her way through and claimed the seat next to the platinum-haired boy whom she had an obsession with. Sage had glanced around the room, spotting a certain bushy haired girl sitting next to a vacant desk. The edges of Sage's mouth turned up, but she quickly let them fall back down. She didn't want Draco to start getting suspicious of her intentions regarding the muggle-born girl. Looking back at Draco, she noticed him whispering harshly at Pansy who seemed to be happy he was even talking to her. She laughed quietly and strolled to the open seat in the next to Hermione. Sage loudly plopped down in the seat, smirking when Hermione's head shot up from her scribbling quill and continuously glancing back and forth from her two closest friends and the so called,"Slytherin Princess".

    Hermione had moved her seat a little ways away from Sage, causing Sage to look over at her with an amused expression. Flustered, Hermione quickly turned away from the intimidating girl trying her best to ignore her.

    "I'm Sage, i don't think we've meet before." Sage had said lightly, trying to break the tense silence between the two girls.

    "I know who you are." Hermione had spat out, causing Sage to release a light chuckle. Hermione had heard of the notorious Whitaker family. Ron had told her that they were just as bad as the Malfoys, possibly even worse. Though Sage had a kind face, you never know what could be hiding under her kind looks.

    "Seems so." Sage had mused lightly, a playful smirk tainting her pink lips. 

    A faint clearing of a throat caused the class to silence. Only the shuffling of students grabbing their wands and quills was heard. Sage looked around and saw that the students looked just as uncomfortable as she felt. Umbridge walked with authority, her head held high as she scanned the class of young wizards and witches, her beady eyes lingering on Harry Potter. A tight smile appeared on her face, causing Sage to internally cringe at the ghastly sight.