nine

Those who were present during the meeting walked down the bridge back into the school. Sage walked behind Hermione as they discussed where to have the future meetings. A part of Sage was enthralled by the thought of defying Umbridge's rules, but another, bigger part of Sage was absolutely terrified by the mere thought of Draco finding out her secret. She knew that he would take it to heart, it may be the end of their friendship.

Hermione stopped at the end of the bridge and pulled Sage to the side. She urged the others to go on without her, and turned to face Sage. She noticed the worried look that was etched on to Sage's face.

"I'm sorry for, uh, tricking you into this. I know we had plans, but i really think that this will be something great! Fantastic even! You have every right to be m-"

"Hermione." Sage had cut her off, the worry no longer noticeable on her face. "It's okay, really. I'm happy you tricked me." Sage laughed, causing Hermione to sigh in relief.

"But, can i just ask, why didn't you just asked me to come to the meeting? I would have said yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, i would do anything for you, Hermione." Sage had said so quiet, Hermione nearly missed it. A faint blush appeared on Hermione's face, and her eyes widened with surprise. Once again, a unfamiliar feeling stirred in the pit of her stomach. It was then that Hermione began to realize that Sage was becoming someone who she didn't want to lose and she wasn't ever planning to.

Hermione had opened her mouth to speak, when Sage had cut her off. "I should go, i have a potions essay to finish." With one last smile, Sage had hurried off leaving Hermione behind.

+

When Sage got back to the common room, she noticed Draco sitting at one of the tables with papers scattered around him. Sage sighed and walked towards him. When she had reached the table, Draco looked up at her.

"Sage!" He had said, moving papers around to make room for his friend.

"Do you mind if i sit with you?"

"Of course you can." Draco had replied with an obvious tone. He had truly missed Sage during the day. Throughout the day he had caught himself turning to tell her something, but only found the seat next to him occupied by Pansy Parkinson.

"Sage, i'm really sor-"

"Don't Draco. I know that you didn't mean it, but i need you to understand that this-whatever is happening between Hermione and I- it's not going anywhere. I don't know what i'm doing with her, but i need you Draco. I need you to be my brother and understand this. Please." Sage had said softly,her eyes never meeting his.

"I will do my best, Sage. I promise." He had said, just as softly while grabbing her hand cautiously. Sage had looked up and smiled at him. She nodded and together, they began to study the night away. Sage was thankful that Draco was willing to try and overlook the prejudice that was implanted into his brain at such an early age for her. She knew that it was going to be difficult to hide the DA from him, but it was a necessity. In the end, it was going to be Draco and her. No matter what happens, or who they meet, it would always be Draco and Sage.

Until the end.

+

Sage's days were filled with many of the D.A. searching for a place for their training. Sage had suggested finding an empty classroom, but it would have been small for the amount of students. But, Neville Longbottom, a Gryffindor in Sage's year, had found the best place for them to practice. The Room of Requirement was a room that was rumored to appear during your time of need. All you had to do was walk past the door three times with the thought of what you need in your head. It was absolutely outstanding, the room. The walls were lined with mirrors and stained glass windows. There were dueling dummies scattered around the room, with fake wands and targets painted in the middle of the dummies. There was a roaring fireplace at the back of the room, giving a warm glow to the room.

"It's brilliant." Sage had said softly, still in awe of the room.

"It's almost as if Hogwarts wants us to fight back." Harry added, patting Neville on the back.

The days following the founding of the Room of Requirement were filled with the group of students learning about the ways of defense from Harry. From disarming to stunning, the students soon began to become masters. After a long night's practice, Sage had woken up late one morning. She had rushed to the Great hall, her hair a mess and flowing behind her as she ran to the Hall. Though, Sage would claim she was a mess, she still managed to look just a stunning as ever.

She had bursted into the Great Hall and the chatter nearly ceased. She had smiled apologetically, and rushed to her seat next to Draco. He sat as tidy as ever, his platinum hair slicked back and his taunting smirk present on his pale face. She rolled her eyes and him and filled a glass with Orange juice.

"Wipe that stupid smirk off your face, Draco."

"I will when you tell me where the bloody hell you have been for the past week."

Sage nearly choked on her drink and looked at him, faking a innocent look.

"What do you mean?"

Draco stared at her for a second, analyzing her face.

"Nothing, nevermind."

Draco had missed Sage. He had hardly seen her anymore, and it was beginning to show. He missed their long talks when neither of them could sleep. He missed how they would be together during the day practically attached at the hip. He had missed his best friend, and it was taking a toll on Draco. He felt more alone than ever, he wouldn't sleep right, or eat right. Draco felt as if he was losing the most important person in his life and he didn't like it one bit.

"Sage, what do you say to going to Hogsmeade together? I haven't hung out with you for so long." Draco said. Sage sighed, irritated at herself. She had tried to avoid Draco, feeling that it would be easier to hid her secret from him, but it wasn't. She looked at Draco who had a hidden sadness in his eyes.

"Of course, loser."

A/N:

fillerfillerfillerfillerfiller

but ayyyyye got some sermione action going on!!!!!!!!

until next time

-outlaws