Chapter 44 - Dreaming of Ani

Rey awoke in the shuttle as she was being transported . . . wherever, probably the Star Destroyer above. Ani spoke to her quietly, "Rey, pretend you're asleep. Think of me as a dream, think it so convincingly, no one will doubt it."

I don't know how, stated Rey, panicked. The man in the black robes was turning toward her. Show me!

Ani inserted himself into her brain. It was at once invasive and yet calming for Rey. He showed her how to overlay a dream tone to their conversation. When she caught on, it was easy. The man turned back to the cockpit . . . he had bought it.

"Rey, I won't let him do anything bad to you, so just relax when you're with him," directed Ani.

Who is he? asked Rey. I feel as if I know him.

Ani was quiet, not sure how to explain the situation to Rey. She would hate him again and shut him out, when she needed him most.

I feel a connection to him, like the one I feel with Han, but more . . . more like the one with you, stated Rey.

"That's the Force resonating between you both," explained Ani.

The Force? asked Rey. I don't know how to use the Force. I'm no one.

"You're wrong. Don't you feel it coursing through you? That energy field? It's so vibrant, Rey, I could almost touch it," informed Ani.

Rey directed her sight inside. It was there. There was a connection, too, between all three of them. Ani smiled as he saw her Force fingers reach out to manipulate it. "It will empower you, if you let it. Just keep your motives right: defense, never attack. Never anger."

I've done this before, haven't I? asked Rey. I remember, now, the market place—

"Rey, you did it wrong then. Please, don't go down that path. Find your peace and your center before you use the Force, and let it aid you," pleaded Ani. "Don't turn into this monster."

Ani, I'm remembering so many strange things right now. I don't understand it all, started Rey.

"You will. You will. Give it time," directed Ani.

But Han? Ani, what about Han?

"What about him?"

Is he coming for me? Or am I wrong about him?

"He's coming, but not just for you," explained Ani.

The creature turned back to Rey. He probed her mind, finding her thinking of Han Solo, his father. "Give her more sedative. She's disturbing me."

The medic looked at him and sighed, "Yes, Master Ren."

Rey's last thought was of Han Solo coming to rescue her from the clutches of this mad man.

ionԛt