Chapter 70 - Escape from D'Qar

Author's Note: Because of how the story has turned, this story will now switch point of view based on which scene we are in. This scene is the first scene not from Rey's point of view, but she is coming back. Please be patient.

__________________________

As Snoke and Rey exited the chamber, the Force-field fell. Finn raced over to Kylo Ren, holding the still body of General Organa. "Put her down!" ordered Finn.

"She's dead. I can't hurt her any further. Please, let me hold my mother," cried Kylo Ren. "This was never supposed to happen. Not my mother."

Another Resistance squad member picked up Kylo Ren's helmet as a radio transmission came through. Through the static was heard, "All teams to evacuation points. Nuclear detonation will commence in fifteen minutes."

"Captain!" mentioned the specialist. "We need to evacuate, now. They're nuking the place."

Finn spoke into his communicator, "Resistance, this is Captain Finn. Intelligence indicates nuclear detonations in fifteen minutes. Evacuate. Repeat evacuate."

He gave a hand signal to his squad, who surrounded Kylo Ren, removing his lightsabers. One man tried to take General Organa's body from him. Kylo begged, "Please. I won't fight you. Just let me carry her."

Finn nodded his agreement. "Let's pull out. Transports are landing." He could hear the thrusters outside of the ships landing.

"Take Master Skywalker," urged Kylo Ren.

"He's dead," informed Finn.

"He's not. I can feel him. He's still alive. Take him. We need him. We cannot defeat Snoke without him. There's still a chance to save Rey," ordered Kylo Ren.

Finn moved quickly to Master Skywalker and picked him up. Master Skywalker did not respond.

__________________________

When the squad reached the top of the bunker, the Millennium Falcon waited with its loading ramp lowered. "Come on, come on!" urged Finn. The ship lifted off as the hatch closed behind them. Finn carried Master Skywalker to the Med Bay and laid him out on the bed. "Medic!" ordered Finn as they were all thrown backward while Chewbacca sped them out of the atmosphere.

The squad medic attend to Master Skywalker, hooking up the medical equipment to the aged Jedi. "I've got a heartbeat, erratic and slow, but it's there!" he announced. "Respiration barely perceptible."

The creature in black carefully set his mother's body down on the deck near a cargo crate. He removed his cape and covered her lovingly. "Just give him some oxygen and leave him alone. He's started a Jedi healing trance," remarked Kylo Ren.

Chewbacca yelled something back into the cabin. See Threepio tottered out of the cockpit and translated, "Chewbacca states there are enemy fighters heading our way. He suggests that someone man the guns." Another Wookiee moan permeated the main cabin. "And he needs a pilot."

Kylo Ren stood up and headed toward the cockpit. "Where are you going?" asked Finn.

"There are only three pilots on this ship, the Wookie, me, and Master Skywalker. So, if you'll excuse me," stated Ren as he pushed his way past Finn.

"You think you can fly this thing, Kylo Ren?" asked Finn.

"Hey, it's me," shrugged Ren. The ship shuddered as the shields took some blasts. "Now, get some men on the guns while I go get us out of this mess."

"You two, cover Ren," ordered Finn. Two of the squad members pulled up their weapons on him and escorted Ren to the cockpit. "If he even shows any hint of betrayal, shoot first, ask questions later. Understood, Ren?"

"Understood," agreed Kylo. They all stumbled as another blast hit the shields. Chewie roared again, as Finn and Specialist Hunera headed for the guns.

__________________________

Chewbacca growled as TIE fighters headed straight for them. Kylo Ren sat down in the pilot's seat, regret washing over him as he remembered sitting in his father's lap as a young boy, flying the Falcon with him. "Hey, Uncle Chewie," greeted Ren.

Chewie roared angrily at Kylo Ren, grabbing him by the throat. Threepio, who had followed them into the crowded cockpit tried to translate, "He says—"

"Stand down, Chewbacca. He's a prisoner of war," ordered a specialist. Chewbacca continued choking Ren. "We have orders not to kill him. Stand down." The specialist moved his gun onto the Wookiee. Chewbacca growled while reluctantly releasing the man. He roared something at Ren.

"It's either me or Artoo. Who would you rather—" A TIE blasted across their screen, firing at them again. The shields shuddered and warning lights blink while sirens blared.

"Go strap yourself in. It's gonna be a rocky ride," ordered Ren as he turned to the controls and quickly turned the craft out of the path of the TIE fighter. Chewbacca hit a few controls, and the mandible arrays fired, turning the fighter into a fireball.

&���3��