Chapter 82 - Juyo

Rey's Padawan were progressing. They were now able to work in concert with levitation. Their mindspeech was growing. Their saber work had passed Shii-Cho, the beginner's form. While Snoke worked with them using the Juyo technique of Form VII, Rey worked with each privately on the one form she knew the best: Djem So, with Ani looking on in pride.

It took her all of her strength to resist Snoke each meeting. She hoped he did not suspect the undermining she was causing—the treason. She hoped that he could stay in the dark long enough to get them trained.

Today, however, she awoke with a compulsion pulling at her. She knew it was Snoke. She knew he wanted to see her. She feared the worst. She quickly dressed in her black robes and strode to the hologram chamber. It was still very early on board the ship—not that there was even dawn or dusk, just watches. It was still the middle of third watch, so the ship was mostly quiet, except for those assigned to actual duties at this time.

The two guards on either side of the hatch did not move. Rey was expected. She strode through the hatch and kneeled in front of the hologram of the dreaded Supreme Leader Snoke. She recited the words of greeting that she hated so much, "What is thy bidding, my master?"

"Report on the progress of the trainees," commanded Snoke.

"They are progressing as quickly as could be expected, considering their low level of Force-sensitivity," stated Rey vaguely.

"Specifics, Apprentice!"

"Mindspeech is adequate within a limited space. Levitation is limited to small objects in an even smaller radius. Saber training has not resulted in any permanent injuries, but not a one of them will ever be a master," evaluated Rey, trying not to let slip in her mind what she had actually been doing with them.

"They don't have to be. They will be battlefield fodder when the attack comes. I only expect them to slow down the advance of Skywalker and then die like the good soldiers they are," indicated Snoke. He stared at her, putting her under the scrutiny of his intense gaze. "You are hiding something," he accused.

Rey blanched but remained silent as Snoke probed her mind. "It is useless to resist me. I feel it. Ahhh, I see. Good. Good. Turning their allegiance from me to you. Good, my apprentice. I could not have done it better."

Rey was shocked. She was certain he would destroy her.

"Don't be so shocked. Have you not realized, that if they protect you, they will protect me. Once I have completed your training, we will be the same," indicated Snoke. "Show me your drills in Juyo, now."

Rey took a deep breath and pulled her saber, igniting it. She pulled in the Force, pulled in the darkness, and started her drills in Juyo. The darkness enveloped her, until all she felt was the anger, the hatred—against Snoke and all he stood for.

"Yes, use your anger. It will fuel you in this form," encouraged Snoke.

Form VII was erratic, chaotic. The swordsman allowed the anger to consume them like a burning fire, removing all ability of logical thought—and then the dark side of the Force moved the blade with strength and motion, creating a frenzied pattern in the air, which would one day be against an opponent.

"Adequate. But there is still untapped potential within you. During your meditation today I want you to pull on your memories of Jakku—of Skywalker abandoning you there. Yes, my apprentice, he knew that you would be sold into slavery there. He knew, and he never told your mother. He knew where you were all those years. And he did nothing about it. You cannot trust the Jedi, ever. Pull that anger into your meditations and then release it in Juyo. Only when you have allowed all of your anger and hatred to fill you will you perfect this form."

Rey glared at him. She was angry. Angry at her uncle. Angry at her granddad. Angry at Snoke. 

Her drills took on a new vibrancy as Snoke looked on."Good. Good. Feel the power. Take it. Strike me down with it."    

With yellow eyes she pulled in more of the addictive power that caressed her. She knew now that everyone has been holding her back—Unkar, her granddad, Master Skywalker, and even her mother. This was what she was born to do. Hold this power. Use this power. Destroy this creature forever.

The lightning spurred from her fingers and encapsulated the decrepit man. He squirmed under the power—no her power.

The corners of her mouth upturned as she realized she enjoyed it. Her destiny was now fulfilled. She was now the Supreme Leader. 

The galaxy would bow to her.