Chapter 46 - Drop Your Weapon

Rey struggled against the bonds of her restraining chair again, receiving abrasions on her wrists and ankles in return. She groaned and tried again until Ani appeared in front of her. "Rey, you have to get out of here," he urged.

"That's what I'm trying to do," grunted Rey as she tried yet again.

"Not that way," indicated Ani.

"Well, then, you undo the locks, Ani," argued Rey, falling back into the chair. The lone stormtrooper guard looked over at her and then returned to staring outside the chamber.

"I can't. He'll feel me, and so would Snoke," informed Ani, looking around nervously. Just appearing in front of Rey was a risk right now.

"Who's Snoke?"

"Someone never to trust. If you ever meet him, remember he has only his best interests at heart. He will say anything to get what he wants," informed Ani darkly.

"You know him?"

"Yes. He was my master. He is a liar and a crafty deceiver. Believe nothing that comes from his mouth. Promise me that," warned Ani. Rey was intrigued, her face full of wonder. "Promise me!"

"I promise, Granddad," spoke Rey softly.

"Good. Now, that guard over there is going to let you out," started Ani.

"Hunh?" asked Rey.

"You are going to tell him to do it, and he will obey you," spoke Ani.

"Just like that?"

"Just like that. You'll use the Force to implant the command on his mind while you say the words with conviction. Stormtroopers have been conditioned to follow commands, so the mind trick works on them," indicated Ani. "Go ahead."

Rey spoke up, hesitantly, "You will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open.

The stormtrooper guard looked at her in wonderment. "What did you say?"

Rey looked directly at him, her confidence wavering. She repeated loudly, "You will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open."

The guard moved toward her in the cell and aimed his rifle at her. Rey flinched as the muzzle was brought toward her. Ani spoke in her head, "No fear. He won't shoot you. He's afraid of what Kylo Ren would do to him if he did."

The guard replied, "I'll tighten those restraints, Scavenger Scum!"

"Become at peace, Rey. Let the Force flow through you. Do it," instructed Ani.

Rey stared at the trooper intensely while calming herself. Her face visibly relaxed before she repeated, "You will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open."

The trooper repeated, "I will remove these restraints. And leave this cell, with the door open."

As he reached down to remove the restraints, Rey thought to Ani, "It worked! It really worked!"

As the guard exited, Ani reminded, "The weapon! Have him drop his weapon!"

Rey commanded, "And you will drop your weapon."

The trooper replied, "And I will drop my weapon."

Rey jumped off the chair, rubbing where the bonds had chafed. She grabbed the dropped weapon and headed out of the corridor, not knowing where to go.

Ani urged, "Turn around. Kylo Ren is coming this way."

Rey quickly turned and ran down the corridor. Rey thought to him, Granddad, what now?

"It's time to steal a ship, Rey! Remember the TIE simulator?"

The memory instantly came back to her. The simulator on the Ravager. Yeah, I could steal a TIE. Finn said he and Poe stole one, and I actually know how to fly one. But other memories bombarded Rey all at once, memories of the Ravager. The specs of the Falcon came up in her mind . . . and those security videos. Ani . . . Ani had been a monster, too, but he's not that way now. There is hope for Kylo.