Prologue

Miela POV
I groaned in annoyance as delicate fingers shook me from my peaceful slumber. Turning over in the opposite direction, I was about to succumb to the darkness when once again i was disturbed from my sleep by a desperate voice.

"Miela, Miela, get up," my mom whisper yelled. I jumped out of bed, becoming aware of the hint of fear in her voice.

"What is it mom?" I asked, my mind thinking up different theories. A fire. An accident. Dad suddenly dying.

"I will tell you, but now you must quickly get dressed in warmer wear," mom said interrupting my rushed thoughts. I dragged off my night clothes and spotting a set of clothes hanging over my chair, I rushed to put them on.

"Werewolves have invaded our territory and are killing everyone in sight."

"Why mom? We are the werecats, the ones superior to them."

"I'm not sure, honey." I finished my attire by wrapping a scarf around my neck. "Here, take this," she said whipping out a backpack out of nowhere. "It has everything you will need and also watch your back." I nodded.

Just then there was a noise and the back door was kicked down. "They're here," my mom said quickly dragging me to the living room. About three werewolves had entered and were advancing on us. "I want you to make a break for the front door."

"What about you," I said sadly knowing what she was going to say.

"You know I must help fight for our pack, Miela. Now when I say run, run Ok." I nodded my head. My mother made a way for me. "Now!" I bolted out the door, backpack on my back, whilst avoiding any werewolves on the way.

Tripping over rocks and stones, I finally made it to the forest where I knew I would be safe. I turned to look back one last time at the place I grew up in. Something I shouldn't have done.

My mother was just slashed in the throat and my father who was battling five werewolves at once was also finally overpowered and slain.

I looked back to the forest as tears threatened to fall. "No Miela you must not cry. You must be brave for mom and dad." And with that in mind I ran through the forest as fast as my legs would carry me and stopping when I was way past the forest in a small cave for the night.