Chap 19

Miela pov

It was quite the walk that we took. It lasted for an hour. If we had ran it would have taken at least fifteen to twenty minutes.

It was an interesting building we came upon, well it wasn't that interesting. We had went through back roads and forested areas to get here. It was an old worn down chattel house. I looked at Carla in surprise. Was she killing me in a chattel house? Where was the lab and the person she wanted me to meet along with the experiments?

 We entered and it was what I had expected. Old, degrading furniture, dirty rags covering the windows, broken glass littering the floor, until a certain smell made its way to my nose and I growled deep in my throat.

Carla looked at me with a sinister smile. "Please refrain from killing this one," Carla told me, knowing all too well that I would have liked to rake my claws across her body.

To my surprise she opened a well concealed door in the floor and told me to go in first. "You are kidnapped," was all she said. I looked down the opening where steps led down into a dark underground. Her scent wafted upwards and I bared my teeth and growled a soft but deadly growl. "Now, now, don't forget. Don't kill her. You don't want her to know what you are right?" Carla softly asked me.

I turned back to her and she shrugged at me. "She knows that I'm a werecat though." I gradually came back to my normal features and started to descend the steps into the underground. Carla followed closing the trap door silently behind her.

Due to my being a werecat I could see but since I wasn't using my eyes, there weren't that sharp. I continued downwards in a spiral until I reached flat ground and was surprised to find a large area, like the living room of a mansion. It was brightly lighted by a ceiling chandelier as if the sun was ascending into the sky.

In the middle of the room were about three tables. One probably meant for the patient as it looked hard but comfortable enough and the other two were littered with tools of all sorts, some that I had never seen before. In other words, it looked like a torture chamber.

My awe and shock gradually faded to an almost scowl at the sound of her voice. "You caught her? That's great Carla! As expected from a werecat. Well she is a human after all." I turned to look at the woman standing with a smug smile and a hand on her hip at the corner of the room. It was no other than the banished b**** Veronica.

"So you escaped to the underground," I muttered loud enough for her to hear. "You couldn't fend for your ownself."

"Why you?" she growled. Her smug smile and pose dropping. She dashed over to me, well, more like where I once was. I had simply sidestepped her and calmly stared at her but on the inside I was like a raging lion waiting to pounce on its prey. She tried punching me a couple more times but I sidestepped all of them.

"You can't even lay a hand on a human and you're a werewolf," Carla told her, slightly offended. Of course that was an act. "I expected more from my personal assistant."

"Oh you wait Carla, that was just a warm up," Veronica sneered. I did my part too. I pretended to slow down from fatigue and she finally got me with a good punch in my back. Carla was in front of me and I bared my teeth with me eyes showing, trying to tell her that if this kept up, only shreds of flesh would be left.

I went back to my normal state just as she came to stand by Carla's side. "See Carla? She's just a puny human." She landed another in my jaw but Carla stopped any other incoming attacks.

"That's enough for now," Carla told her. Veronica pouted in annoyance but then glared at me.

"You got lucky," Veronica told me and spat in my face. My eyes immediately flashed and I was sure that she was scared for a second but it was gone as soon as it came. Carla looked at me once and gave Veronica a chore to do.