Chap 9

Miela pov
My feet curled tightly around his waist. My arms poised in a position ready for the kill. I bent down and whispered into his ear. "Why were you following me?"

"I just saw you past," he started in a semi scared voice. "I mean, you could be leaving the pack territory or something. Besides... we need to talk."

"There is nothing to talk about," I instantly replied.

"I know you were crying, Miela." The knife slackened in my hand and he used that chance to pry it away from his neck. Not like the knife could do any damage anyway as it was a blunt, kept for emergencies. "Your dramatic ending convinced everyone that you weren't lying. In fact, it was the talk of the pack when you left."

"So..." I said dragging out the o and not caring in the least.

"Miela, did you care about my old man?" Kyle asked suddenly.

"No." He turned me from the back to the front so fast, I hardly registered it, bending down in such a way that I slid to his front. Now we were facing each other. His arms held me firmly.

"Tell me that to my face." I looked across at the trees and replied with a no. This time he softly grabbed my face with one hand, and using his desperate voice, he asked one last time.

I was so close to submitting to him but I gritted my teeth and pulled his hand away. "I don't like him Ok? and in doing so I don't like werewolves."

Kyle lowering his head making his chestnut coloured bangs drop in front his light brown eyes. "Why do you hate werewolves so much?" he asked quietly.

My mouth opened to form words. "Don't even start, Miela," Trina interrupted me. "His father apologised already."

"Tch. I hate you."

"I love you too."

"I have my reasons.." I told him quietly. He looked up at me but I looked away.

"If you don't want to tell me, that's fine," he sighed.

I looked at him then looked down. "I hate this mutual bond that we share," I said quietly. "I hate this stupid connection," I growled louder.

"So you know," he started. "You know that we are- I touched my finger to his lips.

"Don't utter that grotesque word in my presence," I growled. Placing one hand on my heart and the other on his I continued. "This bond stuff. I wish you could just choose your own mate. I don't like you alpha, i hate you. I don't like this pack of yours. In fact I hate it. Did I succeed in breaking your precious heart? Do you hate me now?"

Tears were coming down his eyes, which ultimately made my heart break, as he shook his head. "No matter- no matter how many times, you break my heart," he cried. "I will always love you. Not because of the bond we share but in general, two normal teenagers meeting each other."

Tears welled up in my eyes and I was speechless. My arms wrapped around his neck and I gazed down into his eyes. Shaking my head, I placed it on his shoulder and whispered, "I hate the way you make me feel" falling asleep soon afterwards.

Kyle POV
I had no answer to her statement. Was that meant for me to here or not? Doesn't matter really. She can't hate me forever, right? Or maybe she could. That thought gave me the shivers. No! That will never happen. I opened my mouth to reply, but then I realised she had fallen asleep, from her slow breathing.