Chap 7

Miela POV
I stared at the woman in front of me in complete shock. My eyes were as wide as saucers and my mouth almost hit the ground. Was this a dream? I blinked several times and pinched myself. "Oww!" Yup I'm not sleeping.

My arm rose from my side to point a trembling finger at the person standing in front of me. "Are you a ghost?" I asked slowly in a hoarse voice. Her lips twisted into a smirk.

Getting out the water, not caring if I was naked or not, I slowly approached her. Her beady eyes were trained on my every movement. Finally I made it to her, crouching an arm's length
away.

My still trembling finger poked her once. It didn't go through so she wasn't a ghost. I mentally sighed in relief. I poked her once again. The sudden noise echoing from her mouth, resulted in a soft scream from mine and I scrambled back.

The woman burst out laughing. She bent over holding her tummy as few tears dropped from her eyes. As she was sobering up, I realized my nakedness and blushed in embarrassment. I dashed over to my clothes hanging from a tree branch. Thankfully the day was windy and they had dried.

I flinged them on and walked back to her, having come to the conclusion that she was alive and kicking. Finally sobering up, she looked at me with a look that said, "aren't you going to poke me anymore?"

I blushed furiously. "I can see and have confirmed that you are alive," I told her. "But how is that possible; you should be dead."

"I am hurt that you would think that your favourite godmother had died," she said in an overly dramatic, sarcastic voice.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You have never been nor will you ever be a favourite of mine, Carla," I spat at her.

"Did your dead mother tell you that who is probably only mere bones in the ground?"

I gritted my teeth in anger. "Don't you dare talk of my mother like that," I said in anger.

"Or what? Shoot me with words like you're mother." I was gritting my teeth so hard, I thought they would break. I had almost shifted too but if I attacked, she could easily kill me. "You know she gave an order to shoot me in the heart."

"Something you deserved but yet you stand here alive in front of me." Her face broke into a coy smile.

"Yes it was an order but the bullet hit the side of my heart. After leaving me where I lay, a friend appeared after and removed the bullet and allowed me to heal."

My body reacted in an instant but she caught my clawed hand, the coy smile never leaving her face. "I see you've gotten your cat and that man was right. Your eyes are special. Burning hot, red coals of fire."

I went back to normal and pulled my hand away from hers while stepping back away from her. "What do you want? Appearing after all this time, all these years."

"Revenge for our pack," she growled. I swallowed a lump in my throat. I had thought the same thing.

"Why would you want revenge for a pack that you left?" I asked.

"Didn't you want the same thing, Miela?" she asked. My eyes widened in surprise. "Or have you finally surrendered to the mate bond." To say I was surprised was an understatement. I was completely and utterly shocked.

She must have seen the look on my face as she said, "oh Miela, I kept close watch on you. You are my favourite after all."

Ignoring the last part I exclaimed, "you were stalking me."

Carla shook her head. "No, no. I made sure you were safe from those filthy creatures that are below us. You can't trust werewolves. They always betray you in the end. That's why I told you not to listen to him. He was trying to sway you away from the truth with solemn tones."