Chap 2

Miela POV
The day was bright this Saturday morning and my friends and I were at the park. They even went as far as to bring a picnic basket.

We were sitting at a picnic table when the air became filled with the rich aroma of cinnamon. I turned my head to the left to see three boys standing together and staring at our table. Trina was getting crazy inside me saying the word mate over and over again.

I saw one of the boys mouth 'mate' and that's when I realized he was my mate. I turned away from them holding in my anger as another familiar scent made its way to my nose. The scent of werewolves. Those lower class species that I highly detested.

"What's wrong Miela?" Justin asked. "Do you know those guys? You only looked over for a couple of seconds yet now you look agitated."

"Calm down, Mi-mi."

At first I was shocked at the nickname only used by Mari but then I growled at her. "You calm down! You getting happy when my mate is a stupid werewolf. Those same lower class creatures that killed my parents."

"I'm sorry."

"Miela," I felt a touch on my arm.

"Let's go guys."

"But we only just got here."

"Let's. Go."

I got up, walking away from the table with Justin and Mari rushing behind me. I walked all the way to Mari's house with them rushing to catch up and stopped by Justin's car.

"What's wrong Miela?

"Do you have your keys?" He digged into his pocket and threw them to me. I unlocked the door telling them to get in as I got in the driver's seat and started the car.

"Where are we going?"

"To another park."

"Do you know those guys?"

"Never seen or heard of them."

"Then why are you running from them?"

"I don't want to meet them."

"Does this have anything to do with your problem?"

"Maybe."

It went on like this until I made it to another park on the other side of town. A place I had often come to, if the other park became crowded. This park had very little people just like the other one only thing was the air was more serene and the smells were more lovely.

"Wow," Mari exclaimed. "This place is gorgeous. Why have we never come here before Mi-mi?"

"This is my special getaway spot. I think better here."

"Oh," her tone instantly changing.

"Let's just enjoy it while it lasts shall we," Justin said happily changing the once dull atmosphere to a happy one.

"Right."

**************
Kyle POV
I had just taken the alpha title a week ago from my father as I had recently turned eighteen. Pack members were still congratulating me, telling me I was a good alpha even others secretly told me that I was a better alpha than my father ever was.

You see my father was a stubborn man and always wanted everything for himself, everything to go his way. He even didn't want to give up the alpha title and so the betas literally forced him to give the title over to me.