Chap 10

Miela POV
I was eating my breakfast sandwich when someone exclaimed from outside, "rogues have invaded our borders!" I saw Kyle get up and leave the house with other strong looking pack members behind him. They haven't trained so I wonder how they will hold up.

The remaining members started gathering the children and bringing them upstairs. As this was happening, Kyle rushed into the house and our eyes met. He slowly walked towards me until he was right in front of me.

"There are rogues out there, the bad werewolves. They are very viscous creatures, nothing like us. So can you refrain from going outside," he asked. A small smile made its way to my face and I gave a brief nod. He smiled back and then ran out the door.

I approached the window, just as Kyle shifted. His wolf was a midnight black colour. It was so magnificent, i could almost feel my hands running through its fur.

I watched as he disappeared into the forest and vanished from view. Rogues were starting to appear, and they were getting closer and closer but they were tackled and later killed by my alpha. Did I just say that? Well that's just the bond talking..

"Will you ever accept him as your mate?" Trina asked.

"No. I don't intend to."

"I have accepted him, just waiting on you to do the same."

"Wait, what?"

Trina didn't reply so I went back to watching. My eyes locked on to a couple trying to protect their daughter as two savage looking werewolves advanced on them. I thought everyone was upstairs. Guess they were out before the rogues arrived.

I was about to move away from the window, when one of the werewolves suddenly ran, pouncing on the man, catching him off guard. He was killed soon after and the woman proceeded to tell her daughter to run as she fought off the mid-shifted wolves but she too met her end.

The little girl reached a tree but when she looked back, her face turned to horror and she burst into tears. It reminded me of myself when i was little, only here the werewolves were advancing on her.

My body reacted on instinct and I dashed out the door and delivered a swift kick to one of the assailants sending him flying far away. The other looked at me with wide eyes but then went back to normal.

"You're just a mere human," he cried. He ran after me but I sidestepped him, while grabbing his arm. I bent it in such a way that it gave off a sickening crack and he howled in pain. It felt good to be honest. Maybe revenge wasn't so bad after all. This could be my practice.

"No Miela," Trina exclaimed. I ignored her and placed one hand on his head and the other on his shoulder. "I'll show you what a mere human like me can do," I whispered in his ear. He looked like a middle aged man and his eyes widened when he saw my eyes.

"You're a- *crack* He never got to finish his sentence as he lay in a crumpled heap down at my feet. I looked up just as the other returned. He looked down at his companion then up at me with wide eyes. He did this several times. I turned and walked towards him but he backed away in fear until his back hit a tree. He perspired profusely as he waited on his death.

"You're rather stupid, you know that," I told the boy who looked around my age. "I would think that you would fight back but here you are acting like a scared little girl." I could hear my mate and remaining pack members returning. I looked back to the girl with a smile, almost forgetting her there. "Run back to the house, little one," i told her in a gentle voice. As I said that she did as was told so I turned back to the the boy in front me.