Chap 6

Miela POV
Early this morning, I slipped out my bedroom door. The pack members were still sleeping and I didn't want to wake them up, neither did I want to be seen. I went quietly to the kitchen making myself a light breakfast. It comprised of a light egg and ham sandwich and i washed it down with a glass of orange juice.

I washed the glass and plate, and turned to leave the room when I heard my mate's steps coming towards the kitchen. Ever since I met him, I could distinguish his steps out of a whole crowd. He entered and our gazes locked.

I moved quickly to get out the kitchen. "Wait," he cried out but I still kept going. Suddenly he was in front me, holding my shoulders and looked me directly in the eye. Ignoring the warm touch from his hand, I struggled to get away.

"Just hear me out," came his desperate voice. My eyes widened and I stopped struggling while looking away. I wasn't going to tell him that his desperate voice had a bind on me. "I'm sorry for what my father said. He's just a little whack in the head. Don't take it too hard, please."

"Is that all you have to say?" I asked softly turning my head to look at him. He removed his hands, the warm feeling immediately leaving my shoulder, and nodded stepping back. "Then I will be in my room."

I walked around him out of the kitchen and into my room, locking it behind me. Lying on my bed, I strategized creating plans in my head for the coming evening.

~~
Evening came and I was prepared. The sun was just setting and I opened my window as quietly as possible. Making sure no one was near my door, I stooped on the window sill then scaled down the wall.

As soon as my feet hit the ground, I changed my eyes so I could see better. Moving like a snake through the grass, I made it to the pack borders. As usual members were keeping watch and I looked around for my target.

He was quite a distance away and luckily, by himself. I had to get past these five boys without being caught. I grabbed a rock and threw it into a random direction. They didn't seem to hear it. Were they deaf?

I continued throwing rocks finally getting their attention. A rabbit happened to pass by where I threw the rocks which grabbed their utmost attention. I used that opportunity to sprint away from them almost hitting into a tree in the process.

Due to that sudden outburst of speed, I bent down to catch my breath. I was huffing and puffing so loud, that I'm sure that I could blow a house down. Afterwards, I stood up with a mind of determination and my eyes went back to normal.

I peeped around the tree and instantly looked away. I didn't realise I was that close to him. Did he hear my rapid and rather loud breathing? I hope not, though he should have.

I carefully looked back to see him staring more like glaring at me. I felt like a deer caught in the headlights. Almost as if time itself had stopped.

"How long do you intend to stay there, human wench," he growled.

How could he possibly know i was there? My scent is hidden so.. Oh right, my loud breathing. I came out of my surprise in a flash, replacing it with anger.

I walked out from behind the tree, and all the anger I had kept in coming out like a raging fire. As I stood in front of him, he looked taken aback by my expression but that soon disappeared into an angry expression of his own which I'm sure couldn't even rival mine.

"What are you doing out in the open wench," he growled.

"I may go where I please," I growled back. "Werewolf scum." His eyes widened in surprise.

"How do you-

"Know?" I questioned finishing his question. I slowly walked up to him. "Let me tell you a story. There was once a little princess who lived in her castle with her mom and dad. They were the best parents that she could ever ask for as they were strong and wise." As I talked, I watched him but he made no move to change his hard expression. It was as if it was stuck to his face.