Chap 16

~~for those votes^^ I was quite happy actually ^^~~

Hey guys ;) long time no see! I made another update! My last exam will be next week.. so back to writing. Cheers!!

Miela pov

I was having a mother- daughter bonding time, under my favourite tree with Karin. It was the same tree that I came to, to relax or cool off. Here, I felt at ease with myself with my eyes closed, hearing the breeze blowing, while listening to my little girl, Karin, talk.

"And Cory seems to like me," she finished. She was referring to a boy that she usually plays with and his apparent like for her. Sometimes, I would stand by my window, watching the little children play, and I would be jealous of them. Those days didn't last very long for me. Anyways, I had learnt their names, when they called out to each other as they played, so I knew whom she was referring to.

"Maybe he does," I smiled down at her then leaned my head back on the tree, closing my eyes.

"Mom?" Karin called out to me. "Hm," I muttered.

"Is Alpha Kyle your mate?" I stiffened having not expected that question. I slowly nodded my head, my eyes still closed.

"What do you think of him?" I opened my eyes and looked at her, who was looking back at me with a curious gaze.

Leaning forward, I place my palm under my chin. "I don't think anything of him," I muttered. 

"Mom," she said interrupting the now awkward silence. "Dad is sad. He said that you hate him." She was pouting now. "I want mom and dad to be together."

I chuckled at her pouting lips, then I looked straight ahead and turned serious.

Why? Why? Why? Must everyone push me towards him. He- he isn't my type...

"Are you serious now?" Trina asked.

"Look what the wind blew in," I grumbled. 

Ignoring what I said, she continued,"how many excuses are you gonna make til you accept the fact that he is your forever mate?"

"As many as I want," was my reply.

I sat there counting the many people that were against me. Mari, J, Carl, Kar, and of course Trina. I mentally sighed. If I tried to push my way through my five obstacles, it might most likely lead to my downfall, meaning, I could possibly lose my best friends, lose a brother, hated by a daughter and ignored by a cat. 

The only one on my side was my 'favourite' godmother, Carla. She was the only one who seemed to understand my pain. Of course she was! She is a werecat after all and was in the same pack as me. The others just couldn't seem to understand the pain of losing, of being defeated by the species below us, by the ones who should be looking up to us, and furthermore of the fact that I seemed to have landed myself in the pack that did the deed of destroying my family.

Of course I should be doing what I think is right, and right now I think.... I think.... I don't know what to think!! Should I follow my heart, and accept Kyle, my 'forever mate' or should I follow my mind and get my much needed revenge. I know brain, 'much needed' wasn't necessary.

I let out a puff of air and sighed heavily. "What's wrong, mom?" Karin asked.

"Nothing sweety," I told her softly.

I didn't want to bother my little girl with my problems. She didn't know about my me and I would leave it at that. Besides, I was thinking too much, and it wasn't good for my brain. I think that I should sleep on it later tonight, or maybe it would come to me before then.