Chap 22

Cover by @HollyJeanYoung, all the compliments go to Holly^^

3rd pers pov

Floating around in the darkness in another dimension was Miela Thompson. Her eyes were closed and she was at peace but suddenly voices called out to her.

"Miela," a sweet, motherly voice called.

"Miela," a gruff male voice called.

Miela remained in her unawakened state, unmoving, not even a twitch.

"Miela," the sweet voice called out again, a little louder this time.

"Miela," the gruff tone of voice called in a loving fatherly way.

Their echoes rebounded off imaginary walls that couldn't be seen. It was if she was in a cave but in nothing itself. It was just darkness, pitch black darkness and empty air.

Suddenly, Miela's body started to bathe itself in light starting from her stomach and spreading out to her chest, neck and face, and to her hips, legs and feet. It started out dim at first but it eventually got brighter. Though the brightness was radiant, the atmosphere remained dark.

One by one, slowly but surely, she opened her eyes and heard the echoes of the two voices. "Mom? Dad?" she called still mid slumber but then she perked up as if just realizing her predicament. 

Everything came back to her in a flash. How she layed in her mate's arms, how she confessed her love, and finally.. how she died. Invisible tears touched her cheeks as she realised she would never see him again.

"Miela," the female voice called once more.

"Miela," the male voice seemed to rumble.

The voices called out to her again and this time she responded. "Mom? Dad? Where are you? Am I in heaven?" Her calls too, rebounded off imaginary walls.

"No, you're not sweetheart," her father's voice responded and slowly his figure started to appear.

"We, are in your mind, Miela," her mother's warm voice told her. She too, started to appear afterwards.

"Mom! Dad!" Miela exclaimed and ran to hug them with tears, for she was seeing them for the first time in forever.

"Hey squirt," her father patted her back and ruffled her hair.

Pulling back she asked in confusion, "how are you in my mind?"

"We had placed part of our soul into you when you were born," her mother said. "It activated when you died." Miela looked away from them at the last word. "Now look at you, all grown up."

"Yh," Miela said softly.

"I'm glad you have accepted Kyle, sweetheart," her father told her and Miela looked up at him in surprise. "We watched you grow up into the person you are now." Her eyes widened and she looked away. "We know that you were frustrated that we and the other pack members were taken away from you, and how you grew up and met your mate who happened to be the son of the leader, that killed us all. You went through difficult times but I'm glad you did the right thing in the end."

"And I'm glad too that you didn't join Carla," her mom said. The mere mention of her godmother sickened Miela and she became embarrassed that she had almost joined her.

"You were right mom," Miela told her. "She can't be trusted. She... experimented on our race and our species."

"Yes, and you must stop her," her mother said seriously. "Before its too late." A screen appeared behind them showing what was happening. She had just kicked Carlton hard in the face after he defended Justin. Justin? She looked on in horror at his condition. What was he thinking? Carla then turned to me and Kyle, who didn't even lift his eyes to Maria's call.