Chap 5

Kyle POV
The disappearance of Miela from my life felt like torture even worse than the fact that she told me that she didn't like me. I mean it was like she couldn't even feel the mate bond. I spent that entire week trapped in my room. I couldn't even sleep. If i did there were nightmares about her hating me for the rest of my life. My beta and gamma did all the work.

A week had passed and my trusted friends came in bursting my door down. I didn't even flinch. Chad looked surprised at the condition I was in but then he turned serious.

"Listen here, Kyle," he started. "Stop moping around in your bedroom. Your pack needs you. Your mate left you so you got to move on."

"I can't move on," I told him. "You don't have a mate so you wouldn't know what it feels like. Its like getting your heart ripped out."

"We understand how you feel Kyle but the pack needs you," Hayden said. "A pack is nothing without an alpha."

Silence filled the room but it was broken by Chad. "Go and find her."

"But-

"Just do it. Its obvious you can't operate without her."

"Aren't you coming?"

"No. You are going to sort out things with your mate by yourself."

"Fine."

"If we weren't here man, you'd-

"I get it."

"Shower before you go. You're filthy. Oh and you need a door." They walked out afterwards. Fitting on the door as best I can, I cleaned up and went to find my mate.

I went to the park and lo and behold, she was there with her other friends. Guess they got out the hospital. I had parked a good ways away and stayed watching her. She looked happy and her happiness warmed my heart. I couldn't bring myself to go to her lest she become angry but to my surprise she came to me.

Her friend said something then they all looked in my direction. She looked surprised then they started speaking again now here she was walking towards me, no anger, no malice, just plain normal. I smiled as she reached me.

"You look like... the walking dead," she told me looking up into my face.

"I know. I didn't expect you to come over here to see me though," Kyle told me. "Were you worried about me?"

"Blame my friends. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here."

"Well I'm thankful. I missed you."

"And I didn't."

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"Because..." she stopped not answering. "If I was to come back would you be happy." My face broke into a smile and I took a step towards her while she took a step back. My smile disappeared. Guess I was too forward.

"I never said I liked you Mr. I am only saying this because you look a broken machine that needs to be repaired." I nodded though insulted as she took out her phone probably to text her friends by the bench. Her face displayed different emotions but the last one caught me by surprise. She was smiling, right in front of me and boy her smile could melt Antarctica. It was so bright.

She must have seen my expression as she asked, "what?" her smile disappearing. I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

"Nothing. You just look cute when you smile." She blushed avoiding my face. Oh my gosh. She was so beautiful. I felt like hugging and kissing her right now but I held it in.

"Why do you try so hard?" she asked getting serious. My wide smile lessened but it was still there.

"Because you make me complete," I whispered.