Chap 3

Miela POV
I sat under a tree by myself in the park. Justin and Mari had gone to a party. I didn't go because I didn't like parties.

Closing my eyes I remained calm taking in all the sounds and scents of the place. It may not have been as good as the other park but it felt heavenly.

Those three boys found their way into my mind. They were all werewolves, even my mate. Why was I blessed with such a creature for a mate? I'm sure that there are others like me out there somewhere. Why couldn't it be one of them? I sighed.

I would like to meet one of my kind though. Its feels so lonely by yourself even if your friends are around.

Suddenly I heard the shutting of a car door. It was them. They were coming closer and closer.

"Seems like your instincts were wrong, Kyle," one of the boys said as they walked further into the park. "I don't see her."

"So they're looking for me. I feel honoured. Note the sarcasm."

"I can smell her, Chad," the one I assumed was Kyle said. "Behind that tree over there. Her aroma..." He trailed off. I heard them come closer but remained calm and still.

"What are you going to do?"

"Let it play out.''

They came in front me and eventually sat down. I felt their eyes on me and it was getting irritating. I opened my eyes slowly to allow light to filter in and stared at each of them with hate, lingering a moment later on my so called mate.

"Can't you see people and leave them alone," I said getting up.

"Wait," my mate started and I looked his way. "We wanted to talk to you." I narrowed my eyes at them.

"I'm listening."

"How do you tell a girl that you like them?" That question caught me by surprise and a pang of hurt hit my chest.

"Uh. Why are you asking me this? I don't know you," I said about to walk away. "Ask your mother or sister or even the girl you like."

"I did that already," he said sadly.

"Good for you."

"I don't think she likes me." I stopped and looked back through the corner of my eye.

"Maybe she doesn't like you," I told him, his eyes widening an inch. "Not like I care anyway. Your problem not mine."

I walked away but stopped when I felt my phone vibrating in my jeans pocket. Whipping it out, I looked at the screen. Justin was calling. Why would he call me if he was at the party?

I answered the call and was immediately greeted by his voice.
"I'm really sorry," came his sorrowful yet desperate voice.

"What did you do now?" I asked with a sigh. Being friends I knew him rather well.

"I, well we are in a... an accident."

"You are in a what?" I exclaimed loudly into the phone. "And who is we?"

"Maria and I." I remained silent trying to get my head around the fact that my two best friends were in an accident. "Are you there, Mi-mi? I'm very sorry." He sounded desperate.

"What's with people and using that nickname when they're trying to get on my good side? It will not work."

"Look im-