Chap 20

~~UPDATE: The title, 'You Can't Run from Fate' has now changed, therefore the book cover has also changed. Sorry if I confused you with a strange book in your notifications XD~~

Kyle pov

It was morning the next day and still no sign of Miela. Carlton was looking angrily at me and I put my head down in shame. In fifteen minutes, I left the pack house to Chad and left with Carlton. He would not look at me the entire walk to the car. He got in the passenger seat while I took the wheel but then realised after a moment that I didn't know where I was driving to.

"Do you have any idea of where she went Carlton?" I asked him. He finally looked across at me.

"Took you long enough to say something," he told me a slight growl to his tone. "I have no idea but you could ask her friends."

"Friends?" I asked him. "You mean that girl and the boy that she hangs out with?"

"You know them?" he asked surprised. 

"Well not really," I replied. "We haven't met but we have seen each other around and according to Miela, the ones that told her to come and talk to me."

Carlton looked shocked at the news but a hint of realization appeared on his face. "Then let's go to the park then," Carlton said happily. "And ask them if they know anything."

I nodded starting the car and drove to the park. Miela, my heart is telling me that time is running out. I hope that you are ok.

We made it to the park and Carlton immediately jumped out. I got out, locking the door and following him. I looked to the bench, I had seen Miela at before with her friends and thankfully, they were there. Carlton saw them too, so we both quickly made our way to their bench.

We made it to the picnic bench, and the two occupants looked up at us. Firstly, they acknowledged Carlton then they turned and stared at me. Awk-ward!

"Hey Carlton," they greeted him. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Kyle, Miela's," he paused not knowing what to say. "friend? Kyle, this is Maria and her boyfriend, Justin."

"Umm hi," I said awkwardly. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, bro," Justin replied while Maria nodded in agreement.

"Anyways what brings you here," Maria asked. 

"Right!" Carlton exclaimed. "Have you guys seen or heard from Miela since yesterday?"

"No we haven't, why?" Maria asked. "Did something happen to Miela?"

Carlton's eyes widened and he immediately shook his head. "No, no, no," he exclaimed, seemingly more to himself than to them. "I mean, I don't know. She just knocked me out and left." He looked dejectedly downwards.

Maria looked sadly at Carlton then took out her phone. "I'll try calling her," Maria told him.

"Don't bother," he said holding up Miela's phone. Maria took the phone from him, typed in a password and gained access. Wow! they must really be besties if they know her password. Her face took on a confused expression as she looked down at the phone. She then showed it to Justin who also looked confused.

"What's wrong? I asked. She just turned the phone to me, and I saw the apps, a background nothing special. I looked at her confused. What was she showing me? Carlton looked over at the phone.

"She changed her background picture," Carlton said confused. "Now its only two words with jumbled letters." Taking the phone from Maria, he studied the letters carefully. It was a yellow background with writing in the middle of it. 'DLfm Pzz' was what it said. It just looked like random letters put together or was it a code?