Chap 8

~~for being an awesome reader and voter~~

Miela POV
A week had passed since I killed my mate's father and I had gotten over his death since the third day. I had also went to his funeral. Kyle, on the other hand was a different story. He moped around all day not seeming to want to move on with his life. Being a good mate, I stayed near him so he could get over it quicker. He accepted my being near him without complaining and had finally got over it.

One late morning, I was lying on my bed when I received a knock on my door. Kyle? Why would he be here? "Come in," I said.

The knob turned and I stared at him as he walked in, shutting the door behind him. "What do you want?" I asked him.

"I need to tell you something important," he started. "We have known each other for three weeks so..." I sat up and swung my legs to the side, one of them remaining folded on the bed. I patted the space next to me and he came and sat down. "Now please don't interrupt me, only speak when I'm finished.. please." Noting the desperacy in his voice which always had a hold on me, I nodded.

Then he started,"I- I'm a werewolf." My eyes widened. Was he really telling me this? Should I tell him about me? "You know, those creatures from Greek mythology. In fact this whole pack is filled with werewolves." I turned away from him lest I give away something, after all godmother said that they can't be trusted. I mean, I thought the same thing so that works, right?

He had stopped speaking and looked at me from the corner of his eye. I looked back at him and sighed. "I know," I said quietly as I turned my head away from him.

His head turned to look at me so fast, I thought it cracked. "You know," he said in disbelief. I looked back in front of me and slowly nodded. I heard him let out a sigh of relief.

I got up and stood in front him, staring down at him with no emotion. "I also have something to tell you." He became fearful. "I killed. Your Father."

There was a pause when he took in what I said then he growled and jumped into my face whilst holding my shoulders. I didn't even batt an eyelash. I expected his demeanour would be like that. "You did what?" he exclaimed, the disbelief radiating from him.

"Do I have to keep repeating myself?" I asked in annoyance. He shook his head.

"You are just a mere human," he told me. Outside I kept my hard expression but inside I was hurt and dejected and so I pushed him away. He landed on the bed.

"So a mere human can't do anything?" I asked unaware that a tear had slipped my face. I backed away to go the door.

"Miela wait," he desperately pleaded. I almost submitted but  fought back.

"Bring all the pack members to your meeting place," I said opening the door. Then I looked back at him from the corner of my eye with emotionless eyes. "And leave me alone," i ended, slamming the door behind me.

Walking quickly to the library, I hid myself. The library was in a semi-dark area plus I could camouflage when needed to. Silent tears had slipped my face and I flinged them away in anger. I'm in a weak state, just because he called me a mere human. I hate this stupid mate bond. You should be allowed to pick your own mate.

"But Miela, how would you feel if he was in your place," Katrina, my cat asked.

"I don't know, and frankly, I don't care. What are you getting at?" Silence. "Don't tell me. You want Kyle and I to sort out stuff."