Chap 21

3rd pers pov

Tears poured down Maria's face as she clung to Justin, but suddenly, remembering what Miela told her, she wiped her blood shot eyes and stood up straighter with urgency and turned to Kyle.

"You have to find Mi-mi," Maria managed to get words out as she spoke. "She- she's dying!"

Kyle looked at her with wide eyes. "Where is she?" he exclaimed in a rush. 

"She's covered from head to toe in her own blood," Maria forced out, seemingly in another world. "She's not healing."

Kyle grew impatient at her semi-knocked out state so he grabbed her and started to shake her in a rough manner. Though Justin wanted to smack him in the face with a brick for what he did, he knew that they had to quickly get the information to find their friend. Maria looked at him with shocked eyes coming back to the present then her eyes started to water once again.

"Where is Miela?" he asked, as calmly as possible, trying to keep her steady. On the outside, Kyle appeared calm but on the inside he was anything but. The day's surprises were starting to upset him. He just wanted to save his mate.

"On a cliff near a forested area," Maria mumbled out but with his werewolf hearing, he knew what she said. He went through cliffs with trees in his mind that he could have gone near to and finally he remembered one. As he took off through the door, he heard her say a few more words, which gave him a massive burst of energy. "You have fifteen minutes until she commits suicide."

Kyle ran and ran and ran as fast as his long legs could carry him. He knew that forest well. An abandoned house stood near the cliff's peak but it was hidden amongst the trees. He had gone there with Hayden and a few other pack members on a search.

As he ran, his legs felt like they were about to drop off, having not ran at such an accelerated pace in his life, but the image of Miela, his only mate, dying, was enough driving force to get his arms pumping. Kyle made it to the entrance of the forest and burst in with three minutes left. Trying to get answers out of Maria had lasted a good five minutes and it took about ten minutes to reach his destination.

Branches scratched his face and tree bushes blocked his view, but he moved on without slowing down. He passed the house with one minute to spare and a wide open area came into view. He slowed down, eventually coming to stop when he saw the condition of his mate. As Maria had said she was covered in blood from head to toe.

His heart dropped to his stomach as he saw where she was standing. She was at the very edge of the cliff and was leaning forward. Something snapped in him and he started running again, crying out, "Miela!!!!"

It didn't seemed like she had heard him as she continued leaning forward. As she was about to topple over, he grabbed her around the waist, pulling her backward and skidding away from the cliff's edge.

He still held her waist as he breathed loudly and his heart gradually came back into place. Miela laid with her back to his chest but he couldn't be bothered about her position and adjusted her body so that he could see her face. Although her blood was smeared all over him, he didn't care.

"Miela?" he called when her eyes remained closed. "Miela?!" Was she dead? No! He refused to think that! He softly slapped her face in fear, accidentally slapping her too hard but that seemed to wake her. Miela groaned softly and slowly but surely opened her eyes to see Kyle's brown ones looking down at hers.

"Kyle?" she whispered softly. "I'm not dead you know, I can still feel." Her voice sounded hoarse as she breathed out the words.

"Sorry," was all Kyle could think to say. He didn't know what to say, what to do in this situation. He finally made it here but he couldn't do anything. Tears started dripping out his eye glands and sliding off his face onto hers. She said nothing but closed her eyes. "I'm sorry! If I did you anything wrong, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I couldn't save you. I'm sorry!" The tears couldn't help but flood his face as he squeezed his eyes shut.