Chap 1

Miela POV
Six long years had passed since that day. I was living the country life with my best friends Maria and Justin, who I had stumbled across five years ago in a library.

I sat at a table flipping through the pages of a book when I heard someone say something. "You're interested in were creatures too," a boy who looked to be the same age as me asked.

"Uh yh."

"Cool," he said opening a book I had already read. "I'm Justin by the way, what's your name?"

"Miela," I replied. "Nice to meet you." We continued talking and soon became fast friends, meeting at the same time in the library to talk.

Later during the week, we met Maria. I had taken a fancy to the book she was reading as she was sitting opposite to us when I read the cover.

"Excuse me," I said gaining her attention. "Can I see that book a minute?" She looked at it then nodded passing it to me. I read through the summary then stared in awe at the cover. I was about to start reading it when Justin said, "Miela, are you forgetting something."

"Oh right," I said passing the book back to her. "Sorry about that. Almost got carried away there. I'm Miela by the way and this is Justin."

"I'm Maria," she said shyly.

"You don't have to be shy around us."