Chap 11

Miela POV
I sat on my bed watching a sleeping Karin. "How am I supposed to take care of you when I'm only sixteen? I know next to nothing about raising a child."

"I'm sure you will be Ok," a soft voice whispered into my ear. I quickly glanced around me finding no one. "As her former mother, I tell you this. I know you will raise her well." That voice. It sounded just like the woman who told Karin to run. I glanced around again, still seeing no one.

"I don't know what to do," I whispered sadly.

"You will be fine. I know in my heart that you will, future Luna. Just believe in yourself," she finished, her voice fading away.

I sighed, raking my hand through her soft, brown hair. A knock sounded on my door and my eyes drifted to it.. "Come in," I called. Carlton came in, shutting the door behind him and walking up to me. It had been two days since he joined and he was adjusting quickly.

"I have something to ask," he told me as he sat facing me on my bed. I watched him, waiting for him to continue. "Can you train me?" My eyebrows went up into the air, having not expected that. "I mean, no one else wants to train me, besides you're strong," he trailed off.

"I don't train people, Carl," I told him.

"But why? You're probably one of the strongest in this pack," he replied.

"Whatever gave you that idea," I asked a little curious. "And seriously why should I train you? You're as weak as an ant."

"Then make as strong as a bull," he made a comeback. I stared at him and he stared just as strongly.

I sighed in annoyance. "Fine," I groaned. His face turned to a full blown smile and suddenly I was in the air being spun around. I was shocked at first then I patted his shoulder in amusement. "Put me down." He gladly did so and looked at me with innocent eyes. "You wanna start now?" I asked in disbelief. He nodded with a smile.

I looked at the sleeping girl on the bed then shooed him out. I sat down on the bed and leaned over from my seat, gently tapping Karin awake. She yawned, opening her eyes. "Mommy?" she asked and I stiffened. I would never get accustomed to her calling me that.

"I'm going to be training, Karin," I told her. "Are you going to stay here?" She yawned again while putting her hand to her mouth and sat up.

"I don't wanna be by myself, mommy. I want to be with you," she said burying her head in my chest. I looked down at her petite form and put a hand on her back.

"I don't want you getting hurt when I'm training, Karin," I softly told her. "You will have to stay in the house." Karin didn't reply but buried her head more in my chest. I sighed and picked her up. Her head was buried in my neck, arms around my neck.

I stood up and went to the door, opening it. "Carlton," I called. He appeared next to me quickly with a dejected face. "You were listening weren't you." He nodded. "You don't listen into a girl's private talk, ya know. Come back this afternoon." He looked up at me in surprise and I smiled. He smiled back. "Meanwhile we will be out." He nodded and I closed my door.

"Really mommy?" Karin asked as the door shut. She looked at me with tearstained eyes.

"Were you crying, Kar," I whispered. She looked down, saying nothing. "Let's go and get you cleaned up." I cleaned her up then dressed her in one of the many clothes, I found in her parents' room. I also got ready and then together we went out.

I had texted my friends to meet up before we left. We were now strapped in a car as I drove out the pack territory and onto the road.

"Where are we going, mommy?" Karin asked from the backseat.