Chap 13

Miela POV
I sat in front of Carlton while leaning forward waiting on his response. "A-are you going to kill me if I tell you," he managed out.

"I told you before if I was going to kill you, you'd be dead already," I said leaning away from him. "Now... spit it out."

"Your eyes. There were slits. Flashing red slits," he said in shock. "I could practically feel the anger rolling off of you." After a pause he whispered, "what are you?"

I looked at him then to the sky. "I'm a human," I answered. I looked back to his face and his expression made me burst into a fit of laughter. Amusement then etched onto his face. After I sobered up I continued, "what makes you think I'm telling you?"

"Because you like me," he answered. I looked over at him then to the forest.

"I never said I did, Carl."

"But you never said you didn't."

I opened my mouth to speak but then closed it back. "I don't like you like that Carl," I whispered. "I like you as my big brother." My voice went down so low, I hardly heard it. I heard Carl sidle up next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I looked at him and he was smiling down at me but then he turned serious.

"I always thought you saved me to use me for some purpose," he told me. "It was scary after you took me in, having killed my master without breaking a sweat." He looked down at me, the smile returning. "It would be nice to have family again, little sister."

A smile made its way to my face and I leaned on his shoulder. "I knew you were special when I saw you though I hate werewolves." There was a pause then I continued. "I'm a werecat by the way."

He stiffened and for a moment I regretted telling him that. He grabbed my shoulders and turned my upper body so I was facing him. I was so shocked that it didn't register what just happened.

"You're a werecat?!" he whisper yelled. I looked at him and slowly nodded. "That explains so much: how you killed my master, how you knocked my bones out of place, how you give commands even though you aren't alpha, even how you killed the alpha's father."

"I used a human approach to kill him though I showed him that I was a werecat, and I have royal blood in me since my mom and dad were the alpha and Luna."

"That's even cooler."

"But they, along with everyone else, were killed by werewolves of this pack, the alpha's father being the one who killed mine," I continued and his enthusiasm disappeared.

"Oh. So that's why you hate werewolves and why you hate the alpha even more," he said in a low voice. "But he didn't take part in the killing so.."

I groaned pushing away from him, "not you too. Why is everyone so against my verdict?" I got up and wiped my pants.

"Everyone?" he asked, getting up as his arm had healed. "There are others who know?"

"Yh. My two best friends and Trina, my cat," I said looking across at him. "They're human and the bestest best friends in the whole wide world. Then there is my godmother, a werecat but that's another story."

He reached me and we started to walk together. "So.. tell me about yourself."

"I'm a werewolf as you already know. My parents were just the normal pack members and we were from the Shadow Eclipse pack but when I was ten they were massacred in broad daylight. I got away though but I don't know if anyone else did. I lived and survived on my own until I met master when I was 13. He taught me many things that I would have never known.." he trailed off.