Chap 17

Miela pov

I was awoken by the noise in the living room. My eyes gradually opened to see the sun was rising but I still felt sleepy. My head laid comfortably on a firm surface with my legs situated on the sofa. It was then that all the events of the night before came back to me. I smiled, recognising where my head was, well, where it had to be that is. It was probably situated on his leg, no doubt.

My eyes closed again and I was about to submit to another comfortable slumber when I felt Kyle stir. "Miela," he whispered. I hummed quietly and raised my head proping it up of the sofa back. My eyes were still closed but I felt his eyes on me. "I'm going to make breakfast." I hummed once again and my head slid down to the other side of the couch.

I felt him get up, watch me with what I thought was amusement then left. Making myself comfortable on the sofa, I was about to submit to sleep when I was once again interrupted but their interruptions were drowned out as sleep overtook me.

3rd pers pov

"Hey! Would you get up out of my seat?" Veronica growled to Miela. She slept soundly on the sofa, breathing evenly as she slept. Veronica growled again, gaining the attention of all the current pack members in the living room, but she still didn't even move a muscle. Veronica was holding a hot cup of tea in her hand, waiting to be drunk.

Veronica was growing impatient, so she tipped a bit of the tea onto Miela. Well...let's just say it never touched its mark. Miela somehow made it onto the other side of the sofa on the floor, unconciously rubbing her now soar behind. After it healed she curled up into a ball and continued to sleep on. Meanwhile the tea had stained the sofa.

While the pack looked on in amazement and shock, Veronica, now with one knee on the sofa looking over, glared at Miela in surprise and anger. Veronica tried yet again, and again, and again, but Miela just kept rolling over and over and over. The pack members were so shocked, they couldn't move.

Miela, thinking she was dreaming now sat up from her slumber, rubbing her eyes. She finally realised her position on the floor and looked around at all the pack members. "How did I get here?" was the first question that left her mouth, scratching her head trying to think back to what happened.

The shocked pack members sweatdropped as many thoughts went through their heads. 

"Was she really sleeping?"

"She was sleeping this whole time?!"

"She has great instincts."

"That's our future luna for ya."

"Don't act like you don't know," Veronica spat out.

Miela turned her head to Veronica in confusion. "I really don't know what happened, to be honest," Miela said, getting up from the floor.

As Miela now stood on her feet, she eyed the cup in Veronica's hand and smelt the delicious aroma of oolong tea enter her nose. Her eyes now looked downwards towards the floor and saw the spilled tea there.

"Why are you dirtying the floor, Veronica?" Miela asked. She responded by gritting her teeth.

"Don't act like you don't know," Veronica said with a scowl. Miela ignored her and followed the spilt tea to the sofa, she knew that was sleeping in. Miela was surprised. The now dried liquid looked to have been poured onto the soft fabric.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Veronica," Miela said as she turned to the still scowling woman. "But last time I checked, sofas don't drink tea." A few snickers reverberated through the living room but she ignored them, not seeing the humour in the matter.