Chap 25

Miela pov

The party was over and I stood in my bedroom, looking out the window at the setting sun. Its orange colours reflected into my room.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on my door. I didn't move from my window, as my mate entered, closing the door behind him. Kyle came up behind me. He pulled my body to his chest and sensing my sadness asked in a light tone, "What's wrong Miela? You seem saddened. Aren't you not happy about what the pack did for you?"

I shook my head. "No," I softly replied. "Just thinking about what Karin said." Kyle didn't say anything so I continued. "She said, I thought that I wouldn't see you again."

"I don't understand," Kyle told me.

"Its just that. I wouldn't have came back. She wouldn't have seen me again. No one would have seen me again." I leaned off of him and went to sit on the bed, Kyle following my lead.

"Hey," Kyle called out, pulling me to him. "You're here now and that's all that matters. Your godmother is dead. Veronica is dead. We are together now. You're also the luna. Stop worrying over your past mistakes and focus on the future. We have a bright future ahead of us."

"Speaking of," I started. "What did you do with their bodies?"

"I had sent some of my men to dispose of them."

"How about the lab?" I asked.

"What lab? They didn't find any lab." I nodded understandingly.

"Didn't expect them to, since its well hidden," I replied. "Its actually in the house or more like underneath the house, filled with all sorts of deadly tools that I've never seen before. It must be destroyed before someone else finds it."

"I'll send some of my men to do it now-

"No Kyle," I shook my head. "Today is a day of celebrating. Don't ruin it!"

"Whatever you say, luna," he smirked. I smiled back at him as he leaned in and kissed my lips and I gladly kissed back. As we pulled away, I leaned my head on his chest as his arm circled my shoulder.

We sat there in perfect silence until he broke it. "Miela, can you tell me about yourself?" he asked softly. I pushed off from him and looked into eyes in surprise.

"You want to know about my life," I asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I want to know?" he asked confused.

"You want to hear about my life, growing up hating werewolves," I asked softly. Kyle opened his mouth to say something then closed it, having not expecting that kind of answer. But he opened it again and gave a quiet yes. I looked back into his eyes in surprise where he nodded as a small smile dotted his features.

I looked back out the window remembering my past and sighed. "Ok," I told him, getting ready to tell him my life story. "I'll start from when I was younger. My father, the alpha, was Bryan Thompson, a strong-willed man. My mother, the luna was Claire Thompson and she was full of wisdom and I was their little princess.They cared very much about our pack, the Crimson Blue pack."

"We had a mansion, where every single member resided in. I used to play princess with my friends, Tino, Butch and Cara, in the living room. They would be my royal subjects and we had much fun. Sometimes a few men would come over and chat with my father while we played. These men were wolves and one of the men was-

"My father," Kyle said knowingly. I looked over at him and nodded.

"My parents treated werewolves with respect although they were below us in rank. They would laugh and talk and sometimes your father would come over and talk to me. I would smile and giggle when he told me little jokes. He even played princess with me once."