⎡70⎦

One night as the twins and I were roaming the castle, catching up on their pranks, we came across a crying, Gryffindor first year near the courtyard. We gave each other a glance and walked over to him. He kept his head bowed.

"Hey," I said soothingly as I crouched in front of him, "What's your name?"

He sniffed, "Michael."

"Your hand's gonna be fine, Michael," George said.

"Yeah. It's not as bad as it seems. See?" Fred showed Michael his scars.

"It's fading already." George nodded towards Micheal's hand.

"You can hardly see ours anymore," I said. "Does it still hurt?"

Michael sniffed again and nodded.

"Here, may I see it?" I asked holding out my hands. Cautiously, Michael placed his wounded hand into my own. With my magic, I lessened the pain. "Better?" Once again, he nodded. That's when I noticed Harry had walked up to us.

"Hem hem" Oh Merlin nooooo

We directed our attention to the lady in the pink who stood in the large doorway, arms in front of her and head cocked to the side.

The twins and I stood up as Harry walked towards us. Fred and George stood behind Harry and me.

"As I told you once before, Mr. Potter naughty children deserve to be punished," Umbridge said with that menacing smile before turning around and walking away.

"You know, George I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement," Fred told his twin.

"Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing." Oh no.

" Oh no

. . .

O.W.L.s came quick, and we were lined up in the Great Hall taking our exams. In the front of the room was a giant pendulum signaling how much time we had left. There was also a sign, telling us to be silent, and what time of pen ink to use. Year 5 was taking their Theory of Charms exam in the evening, in dead silence, except for the sound of quills scratching on parchment, while we had the devil watching over us.