Chapter 10- Icy Blue.

The new voice froze my body

The new voice froze my body. The goosebumps and the butterfly were alive. My mind was in a speed race, going a hundred miles per second. The feeling was sensational.

Only the difference was, I wasn't allowed to feel all this and savour it.

The silence was heavy, it seemed like this open space will suffocate me. The guy's presence demanded attention. I shivered.

Someone cleared their throat. "Rogan. Dude, you finally arrived at your sweet time." Parker went up and hugged him. I still didn't have the courage in me to look at him.

"Parker." His famous one word replies. Some things never change.

"Who is this lovely lady there?" Parker asked which made my head whip directly towards the person I didn't have it in me to face.

Like always, his icy blue eyes captivated me, but there was something different now about it. It didn't shine like before, the silver specs were minimal to nonexistent. They were just icy, cold and fierce.

His arm encircled a slim waist. A woman stood beside him, petite and blonde. Definitely a model. She had a big pair of green eyes. Her attire was one of the Van Heusen collections, a lemon yellow summer gown with floral prints. Beautiful was the only word to describe her.

But, something pulled at my heartstrings. I could only stare at the arm that circled around her waist.

"Roseline McShire. The brand ambassador of the LaBelle perfumes." Trisha filled in the new woman's intro. "Nice to see you again, Rose." Both the ladies hugged.

"Trisha, after a long time we met." The new smiled with a beautiful dimple on her face. The two women definitely met somewhere since they were from the same business line of fashion.

"A sexy catch, Kingston!" Greg whispered to the men. Rogan smirked.

"I knew he was the player among us. Always got the best girl!" Parker, snickered.

"My taste has improved over the years." He said.

I felt eyes on me, though my ears were in the men's conversation, I smiled at the women in front of me. The icy blue eyes stared at my back and that made me uncomfortable. From my peripheral vision I saw his eyes racking from my neck to shoulders and further down. He had the nerve to check me out!

In the heat of the moment, I turned and our eyes met. The time stood still, the background blurred and the chatter quietened down. It was only Rogan and Me, Melissa. Like it always used to be. We stared at each other, feet frozen, body numb, without a blink. His eyes, there was a fire of blue burning in it. I saw it before...

I was late to school that Wednesday. It was raining heavily outside and I slept in. As I entered the premises, the ground and parking lot was empty. The corridors were empty as well, classes were going on.