Chapter 24- Stranded.

Melissa's POV.

A lot of things have scared me in the past. I was not as strong as I claim to be. I have willed myself not to shed a tear out of fear but my insides were screaming for help.

The last five years have made me fearless. I became a woman in true sense. I have had my weaknesses, guilts and regrets but I have restricted myself from dwelling upon it.

But tonight, I felt weak. I sensed danger. I was scared.

I was not scared of the man sitting beside me. I was scared of the unknown.

It was the blinding lightening and the deafening thunder that made it worse. The rain poured heavily as if all the angels were crying together. The scenario was quite similar to the night I lost my first baby. I could say that atleast nature understood my pain that night.

I don't know after reaching the apartment what will befall me. Rogan looked furious, in his drunken stupor he looked more dangerous. I just pray he will not be like Blake.

He is not Blake. He will never hurt you. My subconscious constantly told me. But, what if...

I shook my head to clear the thoughts and focused on the issue at hand.

The great Mr. Kingston did a fantastic job by sending away the driver and then got drunk himself without thinking how will we reach home. And here I was stuck driving in a lone dark road at 2 a.m.

The traffic control has blocked the main roads because a huge tree broke down due to the storm and we had to take the longer route. Oh Jesus, I hate driving!

And I was one of those deadly drivers. My excellent driving skills could kill someone. Even the great Mr. Kingston was afraid to die, as it was proved in a small argument an hour back.

"Give me the keys." I demanded. Furious blue orbs looked at me and stared for a second. I held my gaze firm.

"No. I'm driving." He said. He words were a bit clear now than before. The effects of alcohol wore off slightly but not completely.

"You can't. You are drunk." I informed him. I think he had a short-term memory loss.

"So are you. And your driving itself can get us both killed." He said, his eyes wide like saucers. As if, he just cannot contemplate the thought of me driving.

I snorted at his face, out of instinct. "Says the person who taught me to drive." I muttered lowly. But he heard me, his eyes changed into hard glares which were quite sexy I must say. "And, I'm barely drunk. I can take us back safely."

"Not happening!" His eyes wide again and he gulped. He gestured with his hands saying a big NO. It was quite amusing to see this man like this. "I do not wish to die so early."

I could only roll my eyes. "If you drive, I'm not going with you." I stomped my foot childishly on the gravel and turned my face away from his. "I won't let you drunk-drive."

"Why the fuck are you so stubborn? Just sit in the car!" He ordered furiously, ears flaming red!

"I won't! Just give me the keys, will you?" I held my ground strongly. "You have to agree, I'm a better option now." I told him calmly afterwards. "You are drunk. It's illegal to drink-drive. You are The Kingston. Your reputation will be tainted. Whereas me, I am barely drunk, I'll drive slow and..... Safe." His eyes wavered. I knew he knew that I was right, and the wheels were spinning in his head. I was the safest option here, even with my horrendous driving skills.

"Don't kill me. You still have to become a good mistress to me." His blue eyes were filled with dirty mischief. His face was unreadable though. But, he threw the keys to me.