Chapter 29- Over Ice Cream

Melissa's POV.

Over the years, coffee became my best friend and books became my escape. I forgot how it felt to share time and laughter with someone without a care in the world. As we grow up we tend to forget the little things that used to make us happy. We become more involved with our profession and responsibilities.

Meanwhile, we forget to feel, breath and relax. We forget the simplest way of life that makes us happy.

I think I have time travelled to five years back and I am having a normal day of school, passing time with friends and making memories with Rogan. How wonderful would that be if it really happened...

I consider myself very lucky at the moment. I was finally feeling, breathing and relaxing with the guy who never failed to make me happy. The days have stopped looking gloomy, maybe it was time for the sun to rise finally.

"That movie is terrible, Rogan! I hate action films and you know that." I frowned at the man who sat beside me with a tub of strawberry ice cream, the spoon sticking out from his tongue. Yeah, I know what you might be thinking that he likes strawberry ice cream?! He is weird just like that. I had a tub of chocolate ice cream in my hand. Rogan put some extra chocolate chip on top of it.

"And you suggest we watch that stupid movie?" He raised his eyebrows and asked, almost mocking me with his eyebrows. I nodded my head with big puppy dog eyes. "But we watched that for seventeen times! I even have the dialogues memorized."

I narrowed my eyes at him, giving him the stink eye. When he didn't budge I removed the cushion from my lap and threw it at him. "Enjoy your movie. I'm going."

"Oh Jesus, not again." Rogan held on to my wrist and pulled me, I lost my balance and fell on top of him. I let out a squeak and he groaned. "Listen, watch anything you want. We can watch that stupid movie for the eighteenth time." He grumbled while a broad a smile spread on my face.

I shuffled out of his lap to get up but his hold was pretty tight on my waist. I wriggled once again but he just tightened his hold. Before the situation gets awkward I need to move my arse from his lap.

"Rogan, leave me."

"Nah-uh." He said, smirking at me. What is wrong with him? At one point, he is all grumpy cat, snapping at me and the next moment he is being all playful. This guy is so strange!

"Uh" I blinked, staring everywhere except at him. "I need to start the movie."

"I already have it saved in the selected movies files." He clicked the remote and the movie started. It was my favorite, 'A Walk To Remember'.

Now I don't have an excuse to give so that I can move. What should I do?

While I was contemplating, he picked me up and made me sit beside himself, very close to him. The moment our skin touched, a wave of electricity passed. It feels so uncomfortable yet so right. I looked at him then and my heart skipped a beat, he had one of those smiles playing on his lips where his eyes said some kind of poetry that lures me in.

The spell broke when he turned his head and looked at the TV. Awkwardly much, we got settled to watch the movie, A walk to remember. To tell you the truth, this was the first time in five years that I was watching this movie. It brought a lot of memories with this person sitting beside me.

It was a time lost in the days while we all grew up.

----------------

I don't know what time it was, I felt strong arms around me and I felt like my legs were dangling in the air. I rubbed my nose in a cotton clad wall like thing, probably a chest. I snuggled in, feeling the warmth radiating from the person.