Chapter 21- Doctor's Call.

Rogan's POV.

"Why are you doing this?" Pete asked, with utter curiosity. "I am not at all shocked that she is residing with you. But why do you want to meet her doctor? Isn't it going too far? You should respect her privacy."

Pete was always very defensive about Melissa. They had a strong brother-sister bonding. As you see, in high school Pete was this shy nerd who always kept to himself. He never interacted with anyone. And then one day, the she-devil lands as his chemistry project partner. Melissa would irritate him without any reason and he secretly liked it, though he showed his annoyance towards her childish behaviour. Through all this, a strong bond was created between them.

He was right. I should respect her privacy but the curiosity will kill me as well. And knowing about her well being is my duty now since she lives with me.

"It is needed." I tell him without elaborating much on it. He would clearly look through my excuses.

"She will not like it, Rogan." Pete warns me firmly. I know she won't, she will probably hate me even more.

"I don't care." I said. I hear Pete sigh. He knew it is useless to stop me because he can't. No one can.

"Do as you wish." He got up from the chair and left my cabin.

"I will." I said to the empty space left behind by him.

-----------------

The board outside read, "Dr. Kendra's Chamber."

Common sense and curiosity contemplated with each other in my head. I had to go in and find out about her and feed my curiosity but my common sense was halting me. She will not like it.

Curiosity won.

I knocked on the chamber's door and asked, "may I come in?"

"Mr. Kingston, please come in." Dr. Kendra smiled. "My assistant informed that you have something important to discuss about?"

Straight to the point.

"I won't be wasting your time doctor. I'm here to ask you about one of your patients, Ms. Melissa Black." I say, sitting myself comfortably on the chair.

"You mean, Mrs. Evans. What about her?" She asked, the small smile had disappeared from her face. It was a look of concern that she had for Melissa.

"It'll be really a great help if you could tell me about her reports or maybe give me a copy of it. She isn't keeping well from a few days and I wanted to consult about her situation from specialists." I said diplomatically, knowing that she will not give me any reports of Melissa. Since they were not allowed to share details of their patients.

Kendra looked at me intently, as if searching for something. The truth, perhaps. I kept my face blank, I have mastered it in the life of business all this time.

"I'm sorry, sir. I can't​ share any information about my patient, specially the one who is a long time friend." She replied sternly. She sat back in her chair and played with her pen in her fingers. She was looking at me, judging my next move. "I can only help you if I get a word from my patient herself."

Kendra took the landline and went to dial Melissa. Immediately, I cut the call, pressing the end button.

"Fifty thousand dollars for the reports. How does that sound, Dr. Kendra?" I ask. "I know you need it." I looked around the chamber once again. The paint faded, the wooden desk she sat at had bugs in it. She needed maintenance money.

"Double it and you get what you want." She smirked.

I signed a cheque of hundred thousand dollars and held gave it to her. "The reports."

She handed me the medical reports and kept the cheque. "Well, that was a good deal." She smiled cunningly.

"One more thing Dr. Kendra. Make sure you are never seen beside Melissa ever again."

--------------------

Melissa's POV.

"You are late." I heard him say in the darkness.

The apartment was completely dark. Just the kitchen was lit I guess because I could see light coming from there. I went to the kitchen and was greeted by a shirtless Rogan cooking. What a sight to see!

"You are early." I reply curtly. Come on, after a week I went to work, obviously I'll be late! I had to complete all the pending works.

"You broke the rule, Melissa. You are an hour late. Its 8pm now." He said with a blank face.

My mind was wavering though. Whatever he was cooking is going to taste delicious I can say just by the aroma of it. And his shirtless self was doing weird things to my conscience.

"What are you cooking?" I ask him excitedly, suddenly changing the subject. I aim my hand bag towards the couch and throw it. I rush towards Rogan to see what is he cooking.

Spaghetti!

Yum. My favorites! But, when did he start cooking? I frowned in thought.

I look up at Rogan and witnessed his narrowed eyes at me. My frown deepened.

"What?" I ask.

"Don't try to change the subject. Why are you late?" He asked, ignoring my excitement and my question. I let it pass. Indeed, I broke one rule today. And this is his household and I, being a guest should abide by his rules.

"I'm sorry that I'm late. I had a lot of work pending over the week. And we have a new case so I was just..... working." I sighed at the end and gave him a small smile. "I'll try to be on time from tomorrow. I promise."

"Apology not accept, Ms. Melissa and you are also very bad at keeping promises..." He looked deep in my brown orbs and then smirked crookedly. "You deserve punishment."

The smile disappeared from my face and got replaced by the usual frown. "Punishment?" I ask dumbly.

"Yes."

He finished his cooking and took out a plate for himself. He served the hot spaghetti and added some sauce to it. My mouth watered.

"Why?" I literally whined. "And what? Please don't tell me we will be indulging in some kinky fuckery?!" Well, I wasn't joking when I said that, he kept me as his mistress and that's what a mistress does. They have elicit affairs.

Rogan stood still. The plate sat motionless on top of the counter. And he stared at me, completely flabbergasted by my words.

"Why would you even think that woman?!" He asked, in a state of shock. I could only shrug off.

"Men ain't trustworthy." I mutter.

"Wierd woman." He mutters under his breath while looking at me. "Anyway, you'll have a yoga session tomorrow morning and in the afternoon a therapist will come over for your massage. And this will be your schedule for every Tuesday."

I opened my mouth to protest but he immediately put a forkful of spaghetti in my mouth. "Eat up."

Meanwhile, he settled his Kitchen quickly and started heading upstairs.

"Be ready at 4:30 tomorrow morning." I could totally feel the satisfied smirk on his face.

My eyes widen. And then irritation is what I feel about this whole arrangement. "Why so early?" I ask coldly.

"Do as you are told to do."

And he was gone.

________________*×*________________

Please vote and comment! Tell me if you like it so far or not.

:)

Question: darkness or light, what you prefer and why?
I am personally in love with darkness, in darkness nothing is painted to us like a fabrication, it's simply black. Like the way it should be. It is strangely beautiful.

Love,
Loren.