Epilogue

Rogan's POV

13 Months later...

I have been trying to understand this feeling for a year now.

She left and it's been 13 months already. I have drowned myself in work and in result my company has shown massive profits. This should have made me happy but never thought that moving on, alone after getting her back for the second time would be so difficult.

Forgetting her was never an option.
They say that the more you love a person the more they hurt you in return. And Melissa did the same. I have tried to understand her in multiple ways. I have played every situation in my head as to how she might be thinking to take such a decision to leave.

I know she needed that break.
But it's been too long.

I promised myself that night she left that I won't look for her but that was impossible. I never thought she would take this long to return.

Will she ever come back?

I always ask myself that and it scares me.
But deep inside I know that she will come back to me, separation is not our destiny.

Every night was sleepless with her thoughts devouring me. Our memories would haunt me most of the times.

I switched on my laptop sitting on my bed. This bed was supposed to be ours, I had so many plans for our future, a new country house and a wedding ring. But now, I only have her photographs that I had them taken like stalker.

The latest photos were taken in Nepal.
Melissa was in a marketplace in Kathmandu, the photo was taken from a side angle, she was traveling with a group in which no one seemed familiar. Her face looked vibrant and she seemed carefree. My heart felt light seeing her like this.

She didn't seem so lost anymore.

In the past 13 months, Melissa had been travelling all around the globe. I believe she has covered more than 15 countries now.

Peace is something that comes from within and not from other people. I couldn't have given her that peace.

I slid through some more images of her laughing and trying out new street food. I could only wish I was with her at the moment, traveling together.

There were a few email pop-ups on the screen and I decided to ignore them.

I was exhausted from the amount of work I was devouring myself in. I needed my brain to get some rest to function properly again. I shut down the laptop and closed my eyes to try and sleep.

--------------------

Melissa's POV

After I left home I have always felt like I ran away and that makes me a coward. A lot of people might think so, my family might say so.

I grew up thinking what might people say about me if I wasn't a certain way as it was expected of me. What if people didn't approve of me. I always felt responsible for other people's happiness. I always felt like if I stay the way they want then it will bring them happiness. Even though it brought them happiness, it has only brought me sadness and despair and unbearable pain.

Not only did I leave behind my pain and the people who have hurt me, I also left behind the people whom I love. Rogan.

Living alone and traveling far made me realize that peace is where home is. I have met the best of humans and ate the best of meals in these 13 months but I cannot forget the calm air of Home.