Chapter 38- Morning After...

Rogan's POV

The next morning was a rush. We were heading to Rio to meet my sister Sophia. She went into labor last night and still under contraptions.

I don't understand women.

We had all tried to convince her to go for the C-section but she wanted a normal delivery. The pain that she has to go through would be unbearable but she went through it when she had champ and came out strong.

I know she is a fighter but I have to be beside my sister.

I was already planning to take Melissa to Rio for a few days, she deserved a trip out of this chaos anyway. Speak about perfect timings!

Mel was still asleep when I woke up.

She lay peacefully on her fluffy bed, naked body spread out beneath the blanket, her skin glowed and a contented smile boasted on her luscious lips.

I kissed her forehead and started looking for the phone which I dropped somewhere while I carried her to her bed to make love again.

I got my pants first, switched on the table lamp and saw my phone sat on her dresser, her bra hanging beside it. I smiled at the sight.

I walked towards the dresser while combing my messed up hair with my fingers to get the phone. The phone blinked with 2% battery and I had to make an important call to my secretary. We needed an urgent flight to Rio.

I decided to check her drawers for an iPhone charger. To my luck, I found make-up and perfumes and other accessories, too many of them to count actually. Luckily, there was a charger inside the drawer but something else caught my attention.

It was a round bottle made of glass, a bottle of white pills.

It didn't look like any make-up product and it was very suspiciously placed for a one night hotel stay.

I took the bottle and read it contents, antidepressants they were...

I looked back at Melissa's sleeping form. Why would she take antidepressants? I know she has been through a lot all these years and still facing the repercussions of that time.

Does she still require it?

I shook the bottle and opened it, there were about 3 pills left in it and the bottle looked like it was bought not too long ago.

I turned back to see Melissa still asleep. I put the bottle in my pocket and walked away along with the phone and charger.

Since how long she has been taking this?

------------

Melissa's PA knocked at the door at 9 in the morning. I got dressed in my usual suit for the day. The tickets to Rio were booked. We decided not to take the Private Jet. It was safer to travel with the crowd for the things going on right now.

"Good morning, Mr. Kingston." Said she. "I have arranged for the bags for madam, as you had requested. Here it is." She brought in a duffel bag for Melissa to carry while traveling.

"Thank you, Jen. Would you please see to our breakfast? Get everything that's on the menu and orange juice please." She nodded.

"Right away, Sir."

I went back to check on Melissa. She has showered and sat in front of the dresser applying lotion to her hands.

I stood by the door, observing her.

Her shoulders had faint burnt scars which looked like were made with cigarettes. Last night, I felt the marks of the stitches below her lower abdomen.

Melissa was full of scars, tiniest and some faded, the biggest scar had jaded through her soul, but she wore it like a crown on her head. No one can hold the weight of that crown.

She was a queen in her own rights.

My Queen.

She loosened her hair out of the towel and went to open the drawer which had the pills.

She placed her hand in and searched for it, then she looked at it and found the place empty. Her eyes were frantic.

I decided to interrupt.

"Are you looking for something?" With hands in my pocket, I walked towards her. She looked at me in shock for a moment.

"Dryer. I kept the hair dryer in this drawer and it's not here anymore." She fumbled a quick lie. "I think I have misplaced it somewhere."

"The dryer is in the bathroom itself. You want me to get it for you?" I fingered her wet hair.

"Yes please." She smiled slightly.

I went to retrieve the dryer while thinking about the woman I had fell in love with years ago.

Melissa used to be someone who would never hide anything from me. It was much more than just dating to us; our relationship. We were best friends. We told each other stuffs, our worries, doubts, secrets etc.

I want us to be the same again.

I fetched the dryer and gave it to Mel. She still sat there, now searching her handbag.

"Thank you." She smiled and said. I could see it in her eyes, she was distracted and frantic about the pills.

"You remember, a long time ago we used to share things with each other. And things were less complicated then." I approached her. She distractedly took the dryer and started blow drying her hair.

"Uh-huh. Yes we used to. We were pretty young then." She replied. "But what are you suggesting?" I shrugged at her question.

"I'm here now, you know. You can talk to me. I'm always there to help you, you can tell me your problems and we can find out solution for it together." I spoke slowly to her as if she was a child. Her mind and heart are at a fragile state and the last thing I want her is to misunderstand me.

I sighed and took out the bottle of pills from my pocket and placed it in front of her. She looked at it in shock, she didn't expect this outcome. She quickly masked her expression to neutral.

Emotionless.

"I do want to intrude on your privacy, baby. I just want you to know that you are free to talk to me. I will listen and I will help you work this through." I kissed her forehead and smiled at her lovingly. I loved her way too much.

A silent tear dropped from her eyes but she didn't say a word. She stared at me through the mirror. I only smiled at her, hopefully giving reassurance.

"Now, get dressed. Breakfast is here. We have to leave in an hour for Rio De Jeneiro." I kissed her forehead and left the room to get dressed myself.

------------------

Unknown POV.

I have to be quick and get the work done. The previous plan had just worked as it should have.

The lights were out and I dialed the numbers in my phone standing in the darkness. I have never failed at any of my assignments and this one's just a piece of cake. The money was good and too little time to spend at it.

"Boss. Yes. The work is done. No, she is unharmed just frightened. They have left the penthouse under my surveleance. The plan worked just fine."

I listened carefully as to what boss had to say. The man was crazy! Crazy with a lot of money and that's where I came in.

"No worries sir. The cameras will be fixed up tonight itself. See ya." I flipped the phone off and got down to work.

_____________________*×*____________________

Well. What do you have to say?