Chapter 32- "I'm not..."

Melissa's POV.

She was sitting with a glass of red wine between her fingers, perched up on the handrest of the black couch.

Her hair fell in soft waves around her shoulders and dangled below her breasts. Her flimsy peach day gown was like a second skin on her. She was simple yet so full of sex.

Rosaline McShire was an enigma.

Her laughter echoed through the room, while Rogan's finger ran down the length of her hair curling in the process. He was chuckling with her.

What's so funny?! Mr. Kingston is entertaining another woman while staying with me. Breeching the contract. I see.

I knocked. They didn't listen. As Expected, they were too engrossed with each other to notice me.

I cleared my throat. "Am I interrupting?" I mustered a small smile.

Both of them turned towards me and smiled. "May I come in?" I felt obligated to ask for permission because this isn't my home after all. A temporary home.

"You don't have to ask, Mel." Rogan said. "You are home? Did you eat?" He asked, suddenly showing concern. I rolled my eyes mentally.

"Nope. I came to call you for dinner. I didn't know you had company." I replied and turned towards Rose. She was taking gulps from her wine glass.

"Oh. Melissa this is Rose. You've met before if you remember. And Rose, Melissa." He introduced us formally. Rose gave me a firm handshake and scrutinizing eyes. Last time I met her she was least bothered with us. What's with this watchful gaze that she was giving me now?

"Good to meet you finally." Rose smiled a little and shook her glass of wine in front of me. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked.

I shook my head, no. "Um, dinner is ready. I came to call you guys to join me." I said quickly, already in a hurry to do away with this conversation and eat and go to sleep.

"Uh, I must head out now." Rose looked at her wrist watch, a limited edition Guess watch in gold. The watch was very beautiful. "I'm getting late."

"Have dinner and leave

"Have dinner and leave. What's the hurry?" Rogan asked her while getting up from the couch and hugging her by the waist. My eyes automatically went to where his hand was now lying, holding her in a tight grip.

"I am going to dinner with this sultan who I met in one of the charity functions." She said softly, almost whispered to Rogan and then smiled again. How can someone smile so much?

"Ok. Come I'll drop you to your car." He offered. This time she tip-toed and kisses briefly at the side of his lips.

What the hell.

"I'll go. You stay, have dinner. See you." Then she moved out of his hold and started moving out of the lounge room. "see you soon, Melissa."

Soon? Probably, never again. My subconscious bitched.