Chapter 40- Friends.

Melissa's POV.

I didn't know how to react when the babies came home two days ago. Home as in, we were at Sophia and Abraham's house. Rogan says they used to live In a duplex apartment the last time he visited but they got a new house before the birth of the twins.

It was the prettiest house in the Suburbs, completely out of a fairytale. Sophia and the twins got a grand welcome home party from all of us. Everything was arranged by Abraham, he was a perfect husband and father. He can always put a smile on your face. Whereas Sophia was the strict one in the family, but she is loving and caring. She treated me like her own little sister. I don't know how many different types of cupcakes I have had in these last two days.

I sat in my pajamas, legs folded indian style in the living room sofa with Jacob and his helicopter drone when Rogan came In with his phone stuck to his ears.

"Yes, thank you Pete. What about the Evans project? How's that coming along?" I froze in my place as I heard about the Evans. What was he talking about? Rogan silently listened to what Pete had to say. "Son of b...." He mumbled under his breath. He never curses out like that and he would never do it in front of Jacob. So I told Jacob to go upstairs to his sisters. He listened, that kid was smart.

"Okay Pete. Arrange the jet for evening, we don't have much time then. He is planning something." He said that and hung up the phone.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, trying to sooth his tense muscles. I don't know how much it helped. He looked at me and smiled, "Vacation is over, my love. Pack up fast we have to leave soon."

I nodded. "What is it? You didn't tell me. What did he do this time?"

"Well that's the issue, he didn't do anything yet. He is too quiet, laying low, probably planning something big. Also, I have to meet a few investors for a new project in Australia. It's important." He replied, worry written all over his face.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck, his hands instantly rested on my back and I kissed him. He kissed me back with the same passion.

"I understand," I said. "Promise me, you'll bring me back here. I love your family, I love spending time with them. "

He smiled lovingly at me. "Of course, darling. When all of this is over, we will come and visit again and stay for how many days you want. "

"Thank you." I smiled and hugged him tightly. "I'll go and pack our bags then." With that said, I headed to our room and started packing up the luggage.

That evening when the private jet was ready I had this sinking feeling in my stomach. I didn't want to leave. This is the closest to a happy, loving family that I could ask for, ever.

"We will come back soon." Rogan squeezed my shoulder as reassurance. I could only reciprocate with a small smile.

We boarded the plane and it was time to take off just when my phone chimed with an incoming text message. I opened to read it,
Trisha: 'Let's meet today. We haven't seen each other in forever!'

This woman can be so dramatic. But I contemplated whether I should meet her up or not. I shouldn't be saying this but I have lost affection for certain people over the years, one of them being Trisha. She never wanted anything bad for me but those usual taunts and unintentional snide remarks about my marriage have made me cold and distant towards her. But still we have sailed a long way through troubled waters, and she stayed by my side always. Maybe, that is why I have been stuck with her still.

I couldn't reply to the text because the flight had taken off already. So I thought I would rather get some sleep.

-----------