Chapter 26- Fading Away.

I apologise for the delay in my updates. Thank you for waiting so patiently for the next update. I do try to write new chapters more regularly but I'm too buckled up with education and career goals.

I pray for you guys to be empathetic towards me.

______________________________________

Melissa's POV.

The comfort that I felt in his warm embrace was something beyond words. My fingers gripped the fabric of his shirt tighter and I inhaled a deep breath of masculinity and wet earth.

My eyes were closed and I was being carried in strong arms, my body was not ready to wake up just yet. I was quietly enjoying the warmth of his arms.

Everything happened so fast that I don't remember when I woke up, who carried me, when was I put in the car and who drove me home... It was all a haze, a blur of events.

As soon as I felt the softness of the car's leather seating I went back to complete unconsciousness within a second.

Knock! Knock!

I stired.

Knock! Knock!

I groaned.

"Ma'am, would you like a quick breakfast or would you prefer an early brunch?" Maria asked, standing outside my door. Brunch? What time is it?

I moved a bit towards the side drawer and saw the alarm clock struck 12:15p.m.

My stomach took that moment to rumble with hunger. I groaned once again. How did we get home?

"Brunch, Maria." I called out brusquely.

"In 30 minutes, Madam." I heard her footsteps retreating back. I took the moment to drop my head back in the soft pillow, rubbing my eyes.

My limbs felt so stiff and in pain. I searched my phone in the side drawers. It had 4 reminders.

Work. Work. Work. Work.

Oh Jesus.

I switched off my phone completely and left it in the drawer. I am just not feeling like to work today. My body felt so lethargic. I'm sure office can manage without me one day.

I pulled off the duvet and got down from bed, my fluffy bunny slip-ons graced my feet, the satin overcoat draped my too-tired body. I took myself towards my huge bathroom.

I got a shock of my life as I saw myself in the mirror. Hair all frizzy, looks like I've had a night of wild sex. Make-up smeared around my eyes, a small pimple mounted on my nose.

Oh damn, it's going to be that time of the month! I groaned again.

I took some rose water in a ball of cotton and wiped my face off make-up, then I slipped off my overcoat on the marble floor. While I brushed my teeth and the water was filling in the bath tub, I stared at my naked body in the mirror.

The scars were fading. A white gash adorned my left breast, I shudder at the painful memory it brings whenever I run a finger over it...