Chapter 11- Grapes Dipped In Honey.

It was going to take a good amount of minutes to reach the ground floor

It was going to take a good amount of minutes to reach the ground floor. How will I survive this awkwardness?

His cologne smelled sweet yet spicy. His hair gelled in place and his casual attire made him all the more handsome.

The tiny hair on the back of my neck stood as chills ran down my body. Both of us didn't utter a word which was making it even more uncomfortable. His hands were tucked in his jeans pocket and he looked straight at the gate. His jaws were ticking, definitely he was thinking something, probably ordering me in his head to break the silence first. It was an old habit of his.

"You can go back. I would like to go alone to my car." It took all the braveness in me to form a full, coherent sentence. His posture relaxed as I spoke.

Ignoring my statement totally, he spoke, "You've been doing well, aren't you Melissa?" He didn't turn to look at me but his question had a hint of mocking in it.

"I'm doing perfectly well. Thank you." I answered formally. My face was straight but my hands were sweating. "But you've been doing better than anyone of us." I commented softly.

Rogan turned to look at me finally, genuine confusion was plastered on his face, as if asking me to elaborate my statement. He is not a man of much words but he is a man of actions.

"Roseline McShire." I smiled. He nodded his head and kept his eyes on me. "And of course, being the top bachelor billionaire has to do with it all." I stated, gaining my confidence back.

I stared at the metal door of the elevator again. When will I reach my car? I wondered.

"It's not at all jazzy to be rich." He said. "You might be knowing it better than me since you were born amongst the richest." Cue the devil's smirk.

Why was he being so sarcastic? If he continues mocking me then I wouldn't bother talking to him again. This will be the last time anyway.

"No one knows that better than me."

The elevator dinged. I rushed out and the valet got my car. Rogan stood there with a smirk on his face. I knew it meant.... Something.

He is planning something.

----------

Rogan's POV.

The following day was totally another story. There was no Melissa, no Roseline. Only work and work.

Pete called me last night for an emergency situation over my next project which was related to Evans Enterprises.

Blake Evans wasn't very good with handling his family business. His shares are dropping, the market value of his products are diminishing. And, word is around that he isn't a trustworthy businessman. He uses threat and illegal ways to get business. His share holders are willing to sell off the shares because of no profit. In about a year or two the property might go bankrupt.

I can save Evans.

But do I want to?

"This is Felix Moore and he has some very vital information to share with regarding Evans." Pete informed. This Felix dude, Pete and myself sat in the privacy of my cabin. From the looks of it, the information that this man was going to share was crucial.

"Hello Mr. Kingston. I have some important news to tell you which might be of great benefit..." The man had a dirty smirk. "...but before that what will I get for sharing this information?" Felix Moore asked.

My gaze hardened on him. But I chose to stay quite. Pete was better at handling these type of goons. 

"We can assure you Mr Moore, you won't go empty handed." Now that sentence promised a lot which Moore wasn't aware of. I suppressed my laugh inside me. Way to go, Peter.

Moore however, looked satisfied with the reply. He opened the button of his coat and sat comfortably on the chair. He understood his demands will be met in this office.

"Blake Evans is the biggest bastard you'll ever see." Moore started. "He gambled my 2 million dollars and obviously couldn't pay back." He sighed dramatically. "Asshole."

"Get to the point please." Pete stated. It wasn't a request, it was a command. Moore, visibly gulped.

"The deal breaker is his wife. She is one hot piece..." My glare stopped his sentence Midway. The way he spoke about Melissa burned my skin. I wanted to throw the crystal paperweight which I was rolling, aiming his head.

It shouldn't bother you. My subconscious told me. And I controlled myself before reacting.

"Mr. Moore. That's not the way you talk about a lady." Pete warned him in the most polite way possible.

"Lady?" Moore had the audacity to laugh. "She is a top class prostitute!" He laughed some more. This man! He won't be alive to see the next day.

Pete's jaws clenched, his fist were tight and firm. His knuckles turned white. "Mr. Moore!" Pete warned again but his tone made sure that this man will pay for the choice of his words.

"What?! Evans made his wife an option. Instead of money, you spend a night with Mrs. Melissa Evans. And, trust me, that night was worth 2 million." He grinned, relishing the memories probably. Then he fixed his gaze upon mine and said, "you should buy her in pla......."

I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and grabbed him by the collar. "Would you like the normal courier or speed post?" I asked him, glaring at the man.

"Huh?" He asked, terrified and confused.

"Pete, make sure his empty hands and other parts of his body go back to his family in Norway via speed post." I ordered and threw him towards Pete. Pete grabbed him and some guards came in to take him.

"I would gladly, sir." He smirked.

---------

The night was spent in thinking how to take down Evans. And no better way to treat him than taking away his money and woman both.

By midnight, the deal was placed and the paper was made.

Revenge should be sweet from out and sour from inside. Just like, sucking a medium ripe grape dipped in honey.

Aha, that feels delicious.

__________________×*×_________________

And the game begins!!! **cruelly smirks**

Question:- Rate Rogan out of 10? Rate Blake out of 10? Why?

**READ MY NEW SHORT STORY--- ESCAPE. ** VOTE AND COMMENT.

Stay tuned for more ROMEL MOMENTS!

love you all .
Loren©

PS: Felix Moore was beaten up and "speed posted" to his wife and kids in Norway. Turns out, he became handicapped for life and can't fuck even his own wife anymore.