Chapter 36- Lights and Kisses

Melissa's POV.

Rogan bought a few of the paintings and I bought a handbag which was handmade. The intricate design and the stitches were so well done that you won't understand it's hand stitched.

Art can be in so many forms. I guess it's only a way you express yourself, give a taste of one's culture and upbringing, and mostly it gives an insight over a person's innermost dreams and thoughts.

"Why are your hands so cold?" Rogan asked. He never left me on my own the whole time, he said he was worried. Maybe so, but my cold fingertips were the outcome of the pills that I take to curb my mind and emotions.

He took both of my hands and kissed my knuckles, I could see some of the eyes peeking at us, and mouths wandering with newfound gossip. He brushed my fingertips with his to keep them warm.

All this afternoon, I fought a smile to Grace my face. If I weren't on those pills, my eyes would have watered from so many giddy emotions.

Meanwhile, an old couple in there approached us. "Kingston, my boy!" The man patted Rogan's shoulder. "What a good thought." He gestured towards the galleria, at the paintings. "Investing in a social cause is something otherworldly. Today's businessmen only think about increasing their wealth, this is a great initiative. You've made us proud."

"Mr & Mrs Carlos, thank you. But, you should congratulate this woman here..." Rogan looked at me, and I shook the older couples hand. "She is the one to do all of this and her organization. They have crossed so many milestones and helped the women and underpreviledged and the unfortunate kids. This is Melissa Black."

"Oh, she is a beauty. Both inside out." Mr Carlos complimented and smiled in his pearly whites.

Whereas, Mrs Carlos looked a bit skeptical. "Oh dear, you both are doing a great job." She said and looked at Rogan with such admiration in her eyes. "Rogan, come by someday for dinner. My granddaughter, Lisa is staying over for sometime, maybe you can show her around sometime if you don't mind." She smiled like a cat with an evil plan.

Rogan gave a half smile to her and his hands came around my waist, instinctively I moved closer to him. "Sure, we'll come by when I'm back from my business trip."

The elites were already heading up to the rooms booked for them. The midnight gala and fundraiser was planned for the same night and our company booked suites for the elite guests to relax and change for the night.

"I think we will head over to our suite." Mr Carlos informed. "Darling, let's go. See you two at the gala." He smiled and walked away with his wife who was giving googly eyes to my.. I mean to Rogan.

"Did you just get a potential marriage proposal?" I asked Rogan, trying to cover the annoyance over the lady with a teasing smile.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "You're standing in the arms of the most eligible bachelor of the country. Get used to it." He said proudly while grabbing my waist tighter.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. "You're so full of yourself. It's disgusting." He chuckled.

"Yeah? But you used to love it..." He started laughing when I grimaced.

-------------------

Later on that evening, we got to know that Rogan and myself were assigned the same suite because I was also registered as his plus one.

Jen heard a earful from me, of course. She could never do any work without making a single mistake. That clumsy girl!

She tried to get me a separate room but all the other business class rooms were booked in the hotel and it would also increase a lot of extra work for Jen. So we settled on sharing the suite. Rogan and myself.