Chapter 33- Doubts

A few special mentions!
aadrita_chatterji _tinker__bell_  loisafia LuceroA25 
Thanks guys for always being there from the start of this story. It's been 2 years I'm writing this and I have lost so many readers for the delayed updates and you guys have shown support ever since. It means a lot really. Thank you!

Lots of love!
Loren.

________________________________________________

Melissa's POV.

He always leaves me in a mess.

Not just physically, but mentally as well.

His god-damned eyes, his smile, his smell, his watchful gaze, his kisses, they always play with my senses, making me feel so weak yet so alive.

Why does everything he says or does have to bother me some way or the other? Why do I let him affect me so much? It's been 5 years. I shouldn't be feeling anything for this man but here I'm, jealous and frustrated.

Yes, I was jealous! How can he give her so much of attention and touch her that way? Does he love her? But, if he loved her then he wouldn't be having me here in his home, right?

I'm overthinking.

Sighing heavily, I got up from my bed and went to grab a night dress from my closet. The bathrobe was wet completely.

It was already eleven at night, the house was in pin drop silence. Rogan was in his study, locked up inside. And I was left in my own drowning thoughts.

It's nothing new, being alone. It's just that this place has started to feel like home. It's safe and happy in its own silent way. It's livable.

I opened the drawer where I keep all my night dresses and undies and lingeries. I kept the set of night dress that Rogan gifted me as well.  I opened the gift box and picked up the peach colored dress. It was of the purest of satin around the world. It was simple with a intricate lace design in the breastline and hemline with thin straps.

I wore the dress and it fell down to my mid thighs. It wasn't revealing at all, infact it looked elegant and cute. It had a glamorous lace panty in peach. I absolutely loved it!

I applied my night cream and brushed my hair out of knots and made my way towards the bed while drawing the curtains on my window.

The view outside the window was another story. It looked over to hundreds of tall coconut trees and empty land. It was impossible to see anything other than trees from this height of the building, even the trees looked tiny. At least there was a black car visible in the service lane behind the building. It looked like a toy car. I smiled at the thought and Drew the curtains close, switched off the lights and went to bed.

No more thinking about a certain blue eyed man.

------------

Rogan's POV.

"There's no news about the man."

Pete replied with a solemn face. I came to my study room after dinner with Melissa, Pete wanted to chat over Skype. I'm sure this wouldn't be a buddy buddy chat.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Pete never looked stressed out if things were under his control. Something must have been bothering him. "What's wrong?"

"Evans. He is untraceable from the last two days." His face morphed into a deep frown. "I just don't want him to come near even ten miles of Melissa's reach. I took upon myself personally to keep a check on that asshole but there's no news about him. The spy I had sent to his house reported that he seems to be locked up in his bedroom but that's highly doubtful."

I knew that Evans was not going to sit calm. He was definitely planning some good damage up his sleeves. The question is, what and when? I have to keep Melissa out of all this anyhow. I can't see her suffering anymore and this time I might just lose my cool and kill the bastard.

"We should have got a restraining order or simply let him rot in jail. Or better, you should have let me deal with him personally. I could have killed and saved all of us from trouble." Looked like Pete was starting to grumble now. This is one of the effects that he shows when he is not having any clues as to what he should do.

I sighed. "We have to be rational. You were the one to tell me that we have to deal with this guy tactfully. This guy has old money and old contact. Handling the law would be easy cake for him."

"Yeah you are right. Also, how is she doing? Are you treating her well?" His eyes grew curious. That's how fast he can change his expression.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You have a doubt, buddy? We are talking about Melissa here. No one can look after her better than me." I scoffed at him through the screen, outrageously.

Pete rolled his eyes. "Yeah. And still lying about your feelings for each other. Amazing, I don't understand you anymore." I relaxed back in my leather chair.

"You don't have to. I want an update on Evans as soon as possible. Good night." And I logged off my Skype.

I looked at the wall clock and it showed 1 am.

------------

Melissa's POV.

Creaaaaaak!

My eyes fluttered at some strange sound. It was probably 2-3 am. It was difficult to open my eyes and see clearly. My eyelids felt so heavy with sleep.

I switched on the bedside lamp and tried to get the water jug which was empty. Ugh. I have to go to the kitchen and get water now.

I removed the blanket and got up, I looked up at the wall and saw a shadow shift.

My breaths halted. Someone's there!

I sat still, no sound came out of my mouth. I just couldn't...

I slowly turned my head and there he was...

Standing behind the curtains was a male figure with a generous build. My heart started to throb, and skin started to sweat. I grabbed my chest wishing it would slow down. The dark glare of the man's eyes left me cold to the bones.

I couldn't see who was it. It was dark and he was behind the lights. A shadow of a dangling butchers knife was hanging down his huge overcoat. And he tipped his cowboy hat...

And I screamed!

I don't know what happened, my throat gave out the worst kind of shrill scream. It just happened. I could see from my blurry eyes that the curtains closed again and it was completely dark.

My doors burst open, Rogan ran in along with Benzo.

"Melissa!"

"Ma'am!"

I pointed out towards the window, behind the curtains. Benzo ran towards it, opened the curtains and shouted orders in his microphone.

Rogan grabbed the overcoat from the bedpost and draped it against me. Just then, everything went black and my eyes closed. Last thing that I felt were strong arms holding me in a tight embrace before my head could hit the floor.

And then, silence.

_____________________×*×_____________________

This is more like a filler. Also, my updates will be slow again. Sorry.

Also, "A LOVE LIKE THIS..." is getting published!!! I'm so happy!!

If you haven't read the book then please do so before I remove it from Wattpad.

We haven't done this for long...
Question: What's your favorite, positions or places? ;P (if you know what I mean *smirks*) I'm a lover of places!

That's it for today. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

PS: I would love to see your replies to the question! ;)

Love,
Loren.