Chapter 41- I Love You.

Rogan's POV.

Meeting Evangeline Black wasn't in my to-do list today. Or ever, for that matter.

I have seen her in passing when we were kids, at The Black Mansion. Whenever we hang out at Melissa's, Mrs Black would be there. She was a strict corporate woman, the family business was run by her. Even right now, she dominated the room.

"Good evening, Mrs Black. Its a pleasure to have your presence." I greeted as I entered the room.

"Can't really say the same about you." She smirked. She was in a tight fitting black business suit with diamonds hanging around her neck and ears. Her hair was in a neat and tight bun. And when you look at her shoes, you'll know how Melissa got her shoe fetish. A pair of shiny red Manolo Blahnik pumps. I only know the brand because Sophia loved them.

This meeting was not giving me a good vibe. I took my seat and faced her squarely, this woman cannot intimidate me.

She is the mother of the woman you love, idiot.

"You have requested for a private meeting. Please tell me how can I help you." I said politely yet professionally enough. She smirked, that annoying smirk.

"I'm here to warn you." She went straight to the point. "I would like you to stay away from my daughter like a respectable gentleman, Mr. Kingston."

I raised my brows at her. This woman had guts to come to my building and warn me straight up. Cool. But, she got the wrong person to show her tantrums.

"Mrs. Black, like a true gentleman, I absolutely despise mixing my professional life with personal affairs but with all due respect, Madam; I love your daughter." I sat straight, and emphasized my point. "And I take back what's mine."

Evangeline Black's face was like a sculpted stone of the rarest kind. It was astonishing how this woman gave such a cold and menacing vibe. She didn't portray any emotion, fake or real.

"Well, then..." She said, "Mr. Kingston, you know very well how our industry works, a word of scandal and your perfect billionaire bachelor reputation will be in ruins. I don't think you would like to see the downfall of your company stocks because of a mere scandal. Am I right or am I right?" Her smirk was back as she saw my blank, sullen face.

Wow, did she just try to scare me by a mere scandal?

I chuckled. I just couldn't help it.

"Evangeline, if I may call you so..." I opened the cap of the plastic water bottle kept in front of her and offered. "We all know how CEO Evangeline Black of The Black Enterprises  care for her reputation that she wouldn't attach her only daughter's name in the said scandal for which I just got threatened about, and lastly, our industry knows who faced losses last year, huge losses in the stock market that almost led to bankruptcy of their sister company." I was trying hard to keep my cool and so was she.

Her palms fisted tightly, containing pent up anger, veins straining around her neck.

"Evangeline, next time you try to threaten me please come up with something good." I told her.

She smiled, "I see, you are no more the timid, good-for-nothing boy I saw my girl fooling around with, but Mr. Kingston, be assured that I'll not tolerate this silently."

I was done.

"If you would allow me, ma'am." I got up and opened the door for her. "Let me escort to  your car."

"That wouldn't be necessary. Thank you." Evangeline Black stood up and walked out of my office with the same dominance as she had entered with. She baffles me!