Chapter 23- The Mistress.

Melissa's POV.

Gray.

A colour that symbolises neither a devil nor a saint. It is the mother of black and white. It is neither sinful nor pure. A colour that compliments me in every​ possible way.

My outfit for the night at Maze is a gray lace dress with silver heels and accessories. It was a Basic collection of the season. The designer Ashna Kapoor was a good friend and an active philanthropist.

I applied a dark maroon lipstick and did my eye makeup and left my hair open in ringlets. Looking glamorous is a flair of mine.

I stood in front of my mirror and sprayed perfume behind my ears, just then a knock came upon my door.

Mr Kingston peeped in and asked "are you done yet?"

I nodded with a frown. Why did he come knocking? He could've just sent Maria.

"Almost done." I said and waited for him to leave. But he was stuck there motionless. It looked like time had stopped around him. His mouth was slightly open and he stared.

"Stop staring. It's creepy." I repeated his words from earlier in the library. He seemed to break out of his stupor and blink. Just blink.

He then cleared his throat and said, "I wasn't staring. We are getting late. Be quick." With that he closed the door and left.

I could simply roll my eyes. He could have just given a simple compliment! But whatever am I expecting? That's The Rogan Kingston, he never compliments random people.

Why are you even thinking about it? My subconscious asked. Right, I shouldn't be thinking of it or him.

I took my clutch which had my phone and some cash bills and left my room.

---------------

The car ride to The Maze was a very silent and boring one. Though, I caught Rogan staring at me subtly which was not quite subtle I tell you, I never made it a point to call him out on it.

"We're here, Sir. Madam." Benzo opened the car door for us.

Benzo took my hand and helped me out of the car. I could only smile at him gratefully. This guy was a true charmer.

"You look glorious, mam." Benzo complimented with a tip of his hat.

"Thank you Benzo." Before I could offer him another grateful smile, a man pulled my arm and hooked it around his roughly.

"We are late. Let's go." The man, Mr. Rogan Kingston said and pulled me quite rudely towards the entrance of the most renowned club of the country.

I frowned at his odd behaviour. It's not odd really, all men are assholes excluding my dad. Rogan Kingston is simply an A-grade asshole.

We entered the club from the private entrance only used by the elites. This is not my first time here. We have spent out high school days partying here often. Since the club belongs to none other than Mr. Parker Michaelson.

The Maze was nothing different from the other clubs around town. It's just that the alcohol was from the best parts of the globe, the place was huge, world class DJ's performed here, the crowd was of elites, most importantly people here didn't come to have a carefree fun night but to gossip about the latest scandal, hid themselves behind glamour and sophistication just like myself.

To the onlookers it was just another club but for elites but to the people who frequented the place knew all that glitters is not gold.

One of the security guard came along with us as we entered and escorted us to the third landing of the club. It was more private and surrounded by less people. The music was not blasting here and there were huge bars at two ends of the hall.