Chapter 27- Moments.

Melissa's POV.

"What are you doing here?"

His question left me questioning myself. Why am I here? Uh, to check up on him. But can I say that?

Oh damn, I should've taken my pills, I'm pondering too much on silly stuffs.

"Benzo informed me that you told the staffs not to disturb you so he told me to take these medicines for you." I gave him two pills and a glass of water but something struck my mind. "Did you eat?"

He stared at me blankly. "You shouldn't be here."

"I do not want to be here either." I scowled at the sick man. "Now, did you eat?"

He sighed and shook his head. "I don't like salad."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I know. But you've asked for it and it helps you whenever you are sick." I said softly. I took the bowl of salad from the tray kept in his living area. It was a simple green salad. What is so difficult eating this?

"I don't have any taste in my tongue." Rogan made a childish face. I took the lemon and squeezed it in the salad, added a bit of salt.

"Now have this; it tastes better." I gave him the tray. He took it but stared at the vegetables in the bowl with disgust.

"Just give me the medicine and you can go, I can take care of myself." Said the stubborn sick man. I snorted. "Did you just snort at me, Mrs. Evans?"

There you go. Mrs. Evans. Again. Whenever he says that his tone is full of hatred, as if it's something filthy.

I let it go. I ignore it.

"I did. What will you do about it, Mr. Kingston?" I smirked. His eyes widened for just a nanosecond. And then his face again became expressionless.

"You amaze me, Mrs. Evans. Last night you said you hate me, and now you are here giving me medicines?" He smirked in return. His eyes were not cold, they seemed amused. "Are you trying to insinuate something, My Lady."

"Maybe I am." I smiled, it was rare to tease around with him. It's been so long that we had a light-hearted conversation.

"What would that be, may I know?" He asked, smiling as well. I forked a cucumber piece and fed him. While he stared at me, waiting for me to say something, he ate.

"It was a way to make you eat." I muttered and stared at him for his reaction. First his face morphed into confusion and then his blue eyes widened. I couldn't hold in and burst out laughing. He too ended up chuckling.

"People should learn from you how to take advantage of a situation." He chuckled. I could only smile at his statement. The words are so ironic.

Advantage. Have I ever taken advantage of a situation? I guess if I did I wouldn't be in a situation I was in for my married year. Of course I'm still married but now it's different.

"Yeah. I might have mastered the art in these years." My sarcasm hit him hard. His smiling face hit him hard. "Will you eat up on your own now?"

"Yeah." He nodded his head not looking at me directly in the eyes.

"Here are your medicines. Oh, Maria needs to talk to you about her cousin's job. I don't know why she told me about it but you see to it." I smiled at him and stood up to leave him to rest.

He caught hold of my wrist as I got up.

I stopped. His touch did some wierd things to me. I didn't know I would feel this sensation after all this year. This isn't good.

I wriggled away my hand from his tight hold. As I turned to look at him, he was already staring at me. His eyes held some unknown emotion which I wasn't familiar with.

"Hmm?" I had no word to say.

"Thank you, Melissa." And he meant it. But for what? I didn't get it. "Meet me at my study at 6pm. I have certain things to discuss with you."

I nodded and left.

I crossed the corridor and entered my room. I took a look at my suitcase in which I had packed all my essentials when I came here.

I opened the medicine bag and took out a plastic case of dried herbs. I sorted out a few Tulsi leaves and cloves.

I headed back downstairs towards the kitchen where Maria was on her phone.

"... Yes, I am trying. I've told the mistress about your job she will speak to boss." Maria spoke in her personal phone. Her brows were scrunched and she looked tensed. "It's not that easy. Give me some time, I'm trying to help.... Yes... Fine. I'll talk to you later."

"That was your cousin?" I asked her, smiling at her kindly. I'm smiling a lot these days, without any reason.

"Yes, mam. Did you talk to Sir?" She asked. I nodded.

"Once he gets better you speak to him again." I told her.

"Thank you, mam. Do you need something?" She asked politely.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll help myself. I need to make herbal tea for him." I informed Maria. She showed me where were the pots and kettle and tea leaves, sugar, etc. I thanked her.

I boiled water and put some tea leaves and sugar first. As the water turned brown, I added the Tulsi leaves and cloves. I let it boil for half a minute and filtered it directly in a big coffee cup.

I put the cup in a tray and started walking towards Rogan's room but I halted. I shouldn't be doing all this. I have no reason to.

I looked at the tea and then at Maria.

"Hey Maria, please take this to Mr. Kingston. Tell him to drink it up hot and then sleep for two hours straight. He'll wake up fine." I smiled at her. She nodded without questioning and took the tray.

------------

Rogan's POV.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in."

Maria came in with a cup and tray in her hand. I didn't ask for anything else. What's this?

"I'm in no mood to drink anything. Please take it back." I waved my hand in front of her face in dismissal.

"Uh." She didn't leave. Maria stood there hesitating on something. Melissa told me something about her cousin's job.

"We will talk about your cousin Tomorrow." I informed. "You can leave."

"Sir, Melissa mam insisted that you drink this up. She made it herself. She said this will help you faster." Melissa's name perked my ears to attention. What's wrong with me?

"She made it herself?" I asked, Maria nodded her head.

I took the cup and saw her herbal tea which she used to make me years back whenever I fell sick. Hostel life during school was something pretty difficult to live by. Melissa made it so homely for me.

She always took care of me.

"Thank you."

Maria nodded and left afterwards.

__________________*×*_________________

In 3 days. This is a record breaker.

Let me know what you think about this chapter in the comments.

Love,
Loren.