Chapter 19- Beautiful Rose.

That poems describes Rose so well! 😍

-------------------------------------------------------

Rogan's POV.

I pressed the doorbell at 3:50 AM.

The first time that I stumbled in this apartment completely drunk, she took care of me like I was a child. Yet, she wasn't like a mother or a sister. She was not even my lover. Can I call her a friend? I guess, no.

Our relationship is undefined.

Rose opened the door with a glass of wine in her hand. Only she can be expected to have wine at this time.

"Rogan. Come, come in." She smiled at me.

"Rosaline Mcshire having wine at this time. Why am I not surprised?" I narrowed my eyes at her. She only rolled her eyes.

"Even I'm not surprised that you are here at this time." She sipped from her glass and walked towards the small bar. "What would you like to drink?"

I sat down in the white leather sofa. "The same." I put my head on the headrest and sighed heavily.

"Here." Rose handed me a glass of the same red wine that she was having. "What's bothering you today?"

"What else can bother me except that woman in my apartment?" I asked, being rhetoric.

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "Since when do you allow women to stay at your apartment?" Not just confused, she was a bit shocked too.

I never allow any woman to stay at my place. When the deed is done they have to leave then and there. Or we go somewhere else.

"Since when I got to know how Blake Evans treats his wife." I murmured in my lost thoughts.

"Blake Evans? Wait... Did you bring his wife, as in Melissa home?" Her eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open.

"Close that mouth of yours." I told her as my eyes travelled down her neck to her cleavage. Rose was wearing a transparent nighty and she was only wearing a panty inside. Her naked body was completely visible over the thin fabric. "Also, wear on a robe please, you're flashing yourself to me."

"Ugh, are you getting horny? Last time I checked, my naked body didn't faze you at all." She teased. Amusement danced in her eyes. She purposely pulled her nighty further down to make her breasts come out, only her nipples were hidden.

I grabbed the robe from the armrest of the sofa and threw it over her. "Cover up, woman!" I commanded and she laughed. How is she so open and free?

"Why? You are the only man who doesn't want a piece of this..." She trailed her finger from her neck to her cleavage.

"That's because I respect you as a woman. You are the closest friend to me. And I want our relationship, that is whatever kind of relationship we have to be pure." I told her and covered her myself with the robe.

"She is so lucky to have you." She muttered, the wine started affecting her.

"Who is?" I asked.

"Melissa."

"I hate her, Rose. She is a deal to me. Nothing more, nothing less." I informed her with my most serious face. I had no positive feelings for Melissa and Rose needs to know that.

"You care about her. If you didn't, you wouldn't save her from the crutches of her husband. In whatever way, that doesn't matter. You saved her. And, I have seen first hand that she still cares for you. Her eyes are the truest of all." She explained like the observant person that she is. I don't believe her though, Melissa only played with my feelings when we were young and now I won't let her play with me.

"You need sleep." I told Rose. She came towards me and sat on my lap. "She thinks we are together." I whispered in her ears. Her head snuggled in the crook of my neck, breathing in deeply.

"Tell her we just cuddle. Nothing more, Nothing less." That made me smile.

I took her to her bedroom and we both got inside the sheets. I pulled her closer to me as she started taking even breaths. Her eyelashes touched her cheeks and she had a peaceful innocent smile on her face.

I had asked myself a lot of times, why can't we love each other? Rose was everything a man wanted. But she was broken and so was I.

Our souls were murdered years ago by the people we loved so much.

________________*×*________________

As promised! *Winks*

Please vote and comment.

Also, this was the part of the last chapter but I wanted it separately. I wanted to put Rose in a different platform.

Question: so, chocolate, strawberry or vanilla?! I choose chocolate!

Thanks
Loren.