Chapter-3

I didn’t know what to say to her. I know she had that feelings for me from the start. She was the only girl who spent a lot of her time and money for me, next to my family.

The truth is, I too had a huge crush on her, but I was mad enough not to accept it!

“Nannii! I have my family to take care of, the reason I’m working here is because of my family situation so I can’t….. You know what I mean na?”

“Teddy! I didn’t ask you to be with me all the time and take care of me because I know that I can take care of myself…. I just want to know that you love me… that’s enough!”

“I’m sorry nanni! I have always thought you as a friend and you know that….”

I could’nt see nanni’s face. It was pale and covered with tears. Others in the bus were either sleeping or chatting. Since we were sitting in the front, no one noticed us. I just remained silent and tried to wipe her tears.

“Don’t touch me teddy! Who am I to you? I’m just a friend right? Huh! No not even a friend…. Atleast they remember birthdays....”

“Nanni is it your Birthday today? I’m so sorry that I forgot!”

“Don’t lie teddy! Everyone in the office wished me including Frank and you are the only one who didn’t even bother about me!”

I went to the place where frank was sitting and asked him

“Dood! Did you wish nanni for her bday? You should have told me no?”

“When I called for the trip you didn’t come, but when she called you came right? That’s why! Ha ha!”

I just turned red and was about to leave when he held my hand said that he didn’t do it on purpose. I know that he was trying play with me so I just smiled.

When I was about to go near nanni, I saw that Reni was sitting near her. I tried to speak with her but she didn’t respond. So I sat next to Frank and was seeing Anaya’s facebook profile.

At last we reached the place and true to what Frank said, the place was indeed beautiful and exciting!

The Adventure hike was indeed a beautiful resort and it was situated at a high altitude compared to the other resorts in Kodaikanal. It was like a small apartment with three floors.

We were staying on the ground floor, and the ladies were staying in the first floor. There was an empty big space on the second floor for people to dance and have fun. Out of that resort, there was a small home located even higher than the resort.

I was somewhat attracted to the house because there was an old damaged sign board, which showed

“PIANO CLASSES ARE CONDUCTED HERE

As I was looking at that sign board, a very odd looking old man came. He was wearing his jerkins inside out, and the scarf covered half of his face. His eyes were barely visible.

“Hey young man! I’m Sathish, the owner of this resort”

“My name is Alan! We really like your resort but some said that there were some haunting incidents! Is that true? Do you know anything about it?”

“Yes what you heard is true! Don't ever go there. I will tell you about it. Just don’t get scared okay?”

“Yeah sure!!”

“Once upon a time, there was a newly married couple……..”